Liverpool Football Club 2013/14

Twelve years since we got a home win on the first day of the season, Mickey Owen got the goal that day … or so he said on BT

[quote=“His Holiness Da Dalai Lama, post: 818667, member: 1503”]Go fuck yourself you ignorant pretentious cunt.

It’s going to be another frustrating season for Liverpool with that cunt Rodgers in charge. There is absolutely no point in dominating games and playing “lovely” football if you are not banging in the goals and collecting the points. Rodgers can not set up a team to either bang in goals against shite opposition, or defend a lead against shite opposition.
Why Liverpool fans are content to see a once magnificent club descend into mid table mediocrity is beyond me.[/quote]

Liverpool are far from the finished article but have a look at last seasons results here: http://www.liverweb.org.uk/season.asp?season=201213

There are a few 3-0s, a couple of 4-0s, a couple of 5-0s and a 6-0. Liverpool gave a few teams a fair old spanking last season.

Furthermore, Liverpool did collect the points today and did defend the lead against shite opposition.

So I guess what I’m saying is your point is poorly made.

I’m fairly optimistic ahead of the new season. Rodgers is a cheese merchant no doubt, and it is fairly annoying, but he has impressed his style of play on the team, brought in some quality players and shipped out some players that aren’t good enough. I haven’t fully bought in yet but I thought some of the play today was excellent. Just need to be a bit more clinical in front of goal.

A run at fourth is realistic imo. Top three picks itself but after that Arsenal are not in great nick, Spurs are probably gonna lose their best player and I just don’t fancy Everton under Martinez.

Here here fourth here we come!

[quote=“His Holiness Da Dalai Lama, post: 818667, member: 1503”]Go fuck yourself you ignorant pretentious cunt.

It’s going to be another frustrating season for Liverpool with that cunt Rodgers in charge. There is absolutely no point in dominating games and playing “lovely” football if you are not banging in the goals and collecting the points. Rodgers can not set up a team to either bang in goals against shite opposition, or defend a lead against shite opposition.
Why Liverpool fans are content to see a once magnificent club descend into mid table mediocrity is beyond me.[/quote]

Shut the fuck up you horrible cunt

Anybody here this talk of Willian goin to Spurs?

Ah balls here it is: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/10251061/Tottenham-Hotspur-prepare-to-hijack-Liverpools-bid-for-Willian-from-Anzhi-Makhachkala.html

Mirror reporting battle between ourselves and AC Milan for Shako’s signature. Could do with another centre-back

Cissokho has signed on loan for one year.

Hard to tell what’s going on with Willian. Spurs reportedly in for him too but also for Lamela, doubtful they want both.

Sebastian Coates has been ruled out for the season with an injury. Badly need to get two center backs in. Preferably at least one of them being a high quality, established international.

Carragher out. Toure in.

Kelly and Wisdom to cover for Coates.

That’s it I’d say.

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 820960, member: 24”]Carragher out. Toure in.

Kelly and wisdom to cover for Coates.

That’s it I’d say.[/quote]

Management have said today they are after an experienced CB so they can let Wisdom out on loan.

Surely need 2 new central defenders if that is the case?

Skittles too.

Is Kelly fit again?

Yeah. He played a few pre season games and played centre half in the u21 Victory away to Man U Tuesday.

Ibe scored a cracker in the same game, but the stand out thing from that game is Rossiter, only 16 and anchoring the u21s midfield.

These are the things going on that people don’t see. We can’t bang out the millions, but we are building a great young team.

Willian to Chelsea, ha ha Spurs. Outrageous money for him, goal return very poor. 1 goal in 10 games this season, 20 in 130 over the last few seasons in a weak league.

Aboy Murph, what’s happening? Is this our year or what?

Ever the optimist, yes! we need to pick a CB and possibly another attacking player.
Aspas is a good squad option, not sure he’d betting a game in our strongest team. Undecided about Luis Alberto, a lot of money for a player who played with Barca reserves.Is he better than Suso? or the departed Downing? Very impressed with how Coutinho is looking.

Yeah, I really can’t understand the money for Willian and Fernandinho. Ridiculous.

Absolutely cracking goal from Sturridge there… wonderful touches