Liverpool Football Club 2013/14

Gerrard while he can still deliver a set piece is being overrun in general play. Moses was shocking today too Game was like so many Liverpool games - players didn’t seem switched on

[quote=“Rudi, post: 868340, member: 1052”]Would you trust him to spend more money?

He has spent the guts of £100m since in 3 windows and has only got 2 good signings out of that - maybe 3 if you are happy with Mingolet.[/quote]

Rodgers has done well this season. Still technically with a chance of the title and more than a good chance of the Champions League next season. Dalglish left him with quiet a poor side - Carroll, Downing, Spearing, Adam etc. Combine that with the talisman Gerrard getting older.

With regard to his signings, Coutinho was an absolute gem at less than €10m. Sturridge has been another huge success. I think it unfair to write off Sakho. Joe Allen has been a huge disappointment - I feel very disappointed for you mate given the reviews you were giving him. Same with Borini.

He has suffered this season from the typical Liverpool technique of buying below average players at too large of a price - Aspas, Alberto. They look hopeless.

For those who call for his head are those who don’t have a clue. He is making progress. What is the alternative - sack him and have someone else come in and start again with that bunch of players. That is the last thing Liverpool need.

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 868858, member: 24”]Rodgers has done well this season. Still technically with a chance of the title and more than a good chance of the Champions League next season. Dalglish left him with quiet a poor side - Carroll, Downing, Spearing, Adam etc. Combine that with the talisman Gerrard getting older.

With regard to his signings, Coutinho was an absolute gem at less than €10m. Sturridge has been another huge success. I think it unfair to write off Sakho. Joe Allen has been a huge disappointment - I feel very disappointed for you mate given the reviews you were giving him. Same with Borini.

He has suffered this season from the typical Liverpool technique of buying below average players at too large of a price - Aspas, Alberto. They look hopeless.

For those who call for his head are those who don’t have a clue. He is making progress. What is the alternative - sack him and have someone else come in and start again with that bunch of players. That is the last thing Liverpool need.[/quote]

The joys of modern football, instant success or fuck off.

My main gripe with him is that the team are prone to gutless performances like yesterday and it tends to happen just as you think they should be pushing on and against shite. To be a top manager he can’t stand for that.

In years gone by Gerrard dragged us through games like that but he doesn’t have the mobility for it and the rest of them, bar Luis, cower away.

It’s clear progress has been made, but he can’t accept another cowardly performance like that, it spreads and breeds. I’d call the cunts out in the post match interview for a start.

I think his honeymoon period is coming to an end tho, this will be his 3rd window, and the daggers will start to come out if they have a poor second half to the season.

Rodgers also chops and changes too much, both with his formations and selections when there is absolutely no need to. You can understand it if things aren’t working out but he regularly changes formations and drops players on the back of good performances. He is also one of those managers who enjoys playing players in unorthodox positions. I put that down to his ego, in that he wants to reinvent the wheel and claim credit for it. Did you hear his quotes about playing Gerrard as a centre half in the future? What a spastic.

Liverpool don’t really have an identity in the way the play, they don’t have a shape and the manager doesn’t know his best XI. For a manager who has been there nearly a season and a half that is huge cause for worry.

[quote=“Rudi, post: 868870, member: 1052”]Rodgers also chops and changes too much, both with his formations and selections when there is absolutely no need to. You can understand it if things aren’t working out but he regularly changes formations and drops players on the back of good performances. He is also one of those managers who enjoys playing players in unorthodox positions. I put that down to his ego, in that he wants to reinvent the wheel and claim credit for it. Did you hear his quotes about playing Gerrard as a centre half in the future? What a spastic.

Liverpool don’t really have an identity in the way the play, they don’t have a shape and the manager doesn’t know his best XI. For a manager who has been there nearly a season and a half that is huge cause for worry.[/quote]

I’d agree with most of that and It’s something fans on other forums have been moaning about. Like I said, his honeymoon period is coming to an end, he will have had 3 Windows come end of Jan, it will be his team by then.

H[quote=“Mark Renton, post: 868874, member: 1796”]I’d agree with most of that and It’s something fans on other forums have been moaning about. Like I said, his honeymoon period is coming to an end, he will have had 3 Windows come end of Jan, it will be his team by then.[/quote]

He better use the window, he might be getting the door next summer.

That shot from Joe Allen really deserved a goal.

Sterling fucked up a great chance just before that.

[quote=“Sidney, post: 869617, member: 183”]That shot from Joe Allen really deserved a goal.

Sterling fucked up a great chance just before that.[/quote]

All over em.

The link up play between Suarez and Coutinho last night was fantastic… The three of Suarez, Coutinho and Sturridge have yet to get a run of gmaes together, but if they do, and can add a solid midfielder in Jan, this team can snatch 4th.

Chelsea and Man City away over Christmas. We’ll see where Liverpool are after that.

Once those games are out of the way we don’t have another hard away match for the rest of the season.

You wouldn’t have thought Hull would be hard but there you go.

Good reaction to Sunday’s debacle. Six more points and we’re back in second position.

The two goals were paid back today but another one is now owed after Martin Skrtel’s third own goal in two matches.

Not even Frank Sinclair matched that strike rate.

That’s a really insightful comment there farmer.

Gerrard out 4-6 weeks
Sturridge out 6-8 weeks
Enrique 8-10 weeks

And now Henderson is a major cocern for the weekend… That would only leae Lucas and Allen in midfield against Spurs.

Gonna be a tough few weeks. Central Midfielder needed badly.

[quote=“Mark Renton, post: 872027, member: 1796”]Gerrard out 4-6 weeks
Sturridge out 6-8 weeks
Enrique 8-10 weeks

And now Henderson is a major cocern for the weekend… That would only leae Lucas and Allen in midfield against Spurs.

Gonna be a tough few weeks. Central Midfielder needed badly.[/quote]
That’s us fucked so, mate. We don’t have the squad to absorb those injuries.

But we will thrive on the injustice of it all, mate.

That’s done us fuck all good since 1989, buddy.

Me bollox, i’ve enough moral victories to gloat on for the rest of my days.

:rolleyes:
Typifies loser attitude of Liverpool fans.
Trophies and medals are the only thing that counts mate.
Renton out now!