Liverpool Football Club 2013/14

[quote=“Bandage, post: 889436, member: 9”]Important goal there but Liverpool have been a shambles. Looking a bit better since going 3-5-2 though.

HT: 1-2.[/quote]
3-5-2 may have to be the formation going forward.

Rodgers has a dilemma. When Suarez and Sturridge are both fit, that means two in attack but it ruins the balance in midfield as Gerrard can’t play in a 4-4-2 and Liverpool have been at their best this season with three in midfield.

Rodgers is not going to drop Gerrard.

Also, it’s not as if our full backs are adding anything as it is.

Maybe he should grow some balls and do so.

Luis made the most of that one… no penalty
Some cross from Gerrard though

[quote=“His Holiness Da Dalai Lama, post: 889448, member: 1503”]Luis made the most of that one… no penalty
Some cross from Gerrard though[/quote]
Definite penalty.

I don’t think we’ve won a game from behind this season so far? Would be massive to dig out a win here.

Think they’ll suffer from having to replace Agbonlahor with Holt.

[quote=“Sidney, post: 889449, member: 183”]Definite penalty.

[/quote]
Bullshit. No contact. Trailed his legs looking for the contact. Could have stayed on his feet. Granted, just about any other striker would do the exact same these days… a sad reflection on the state of the game.

I disagree. I didn’t think it was a dive but I wouldn’t have had an issue if the penalty wasn’t awarded either because there was fairly minimal contact. Why should a striker hurdle over a keeper recklessly throwing himself down at his feet? He’s well within his rights to tip the ball past the keeper and seeing if he gets touched. It’s clever play but I don’t think it’s cheating or a sad reflection on the game.

Minimal contact = contact = penalty.

There was NO contact, therefore it was not a penalty.
On top of that, Luis elaborated by throwing his body in such a way to make it look like he was tipped. That is simulation. You may think simulation is an acceptable part of the modern game. I don’t.

[quote=“His Holiness Da Dalai Lama, post: 889456, member: 1503”]There was NO contact, therefore it was not a penalty.
On top of that, Luis elaborated by throwing his body in such a way to make it look like he was tipped. That is simulation. You may think simulation is an acceptable part of the modern game. I don’t.[/quote]

There was contact so the rest of your post is irrelevant.

Just listening to the game on the radio here. Is sylla black?

Stevie G smashed Fabian Delph cause he wouldn’t let him express himself.

Not enough. Very flat once we got level and never really looked like winning it.

Not a surprising result really, the team are a calamity defensively with too many players out of form.

Suarez is finished

Liverpool are fucking shit.

Liverpool must have one of the most expensive defences in Europe and it is utter shit.

You sure? Skertel & Agger were around 6 million each, Cissoko is on loan, Toure was a free signing, Johnson’s fee was reported as close to 20 million but Portmouth owed them money and was closer to 10, Mignolet was less than 10 million as well.

Probably less than 35 millions all in.

Former Aston Villa captain Stan Petrov acknowledges that the referee was correct to award the penalty. “Definite penalty”, says Petrov. Sky Sports slowed down the action to show Guzan clearly making contact with Suarez too. Yet we have an apparent Liverpool supporter in @His Holiness Da Dalai Lama blackening the well earned good name of his own player, Luis Suarez, and calling him a diver.

What chewy said… Sakho and Enrique would bring that up but they are out.

[quote=“chewy louie, post: 889480, member: 1137”]You sure? Skertel & Agger were around 6 million each, Cissoko is on loan, Toure was a free signing, Johnson’s fee was reported as close to 20 million but Portmouth owed them money and was closer to 10, Mignolet was less than 10 million as well.

Probably less than 35 millions all in.[/quote]

Sakho 17m. Enrique 6m. Ilori 7m. Coates 8m.