Liverpool Football Club 2013/14

Jordan Henderson will be some player if he can learn to finish with more composure. He’s having an outstanding season.

You once compared him to a Special Olympics athlete

There are many outstanding Special Olympics athletes.

In fairness, he has made huge strides this season. He was fairly headless and clueless last season, and even the early part of this season.
Sterling too appears to be maturing into a fine footballer.
The jury is still out on Allen, though he has improved too.
Flanagan has been a revelation.

:o

[MEDIA=twitter]450307723662741504[/MEDIA]

Were they not champions in 1982 also ffs?

[MEDIA=twitter]450307723662741504[/MEDIA][/QUOTE]
Who is the RedCafu?

I know its a cliche at this stage but if Liverpool don’t win it this year they won’t get as a good a chance for quite a few years when they have to play 2 games a week from next season on.

It will be refreshing to have Champions League nights back at Anfield next season.

Flanagan.

@Flano

:smiley:

[QUOTE=“ciarancareyshurlingarmy, post: 923998, member: 464”]Just got to watch it back, that was lovely today at anfield.

All in our own hands now.[/QUOTE]
It’s gas seeing anti-rugby heads being “mad” English soccer fans.

Flesh that out there, pal? Why can’t somone be both?

It’s hypocritical from many.
They accuse rugby people of being;
• bandwagoners
• unaware of the intricacies and tactics of the game
• being event junkies (Celtic “fans” in particular)

And more are all things that could be leveled at any British supporting soccer fan

Soccer is a Sport, Rugby isn’t.

Its like labelling someone who likes watching Sci Fi a hypcrite cos he doesn’t like Coronation Street. They are both on TV but like Rugby and Soccer completely different.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 924406, member: 273”]It’s hypocritical from many.
• bandwagoners

And more are all things that could be leveled at any British supporting soccer fan[/QUOTE]

I agree to an extent but
1.Liverpool football club wasn’t founded in the mid 90’s, people can genuinely say they’ve been at least nominally supporting them all their lives.
2. While you’d have varying levels of understanding tatics etc, at least all soccer fans understand the rules.
3. Most people have played soccer to some level or extent. Most of these “Rugby” lads have never played it before (bar gag rugby).
4. Rugby is a game of the rich and as such it is fashionable to like it.
5. Rugby fans play soggy biscuit with each other

Cant we all just get along? :smiley:

We’re gonna win the league, We’re gonna win the league. :smiley:

Liverpool are again becoming a bastion of invincibility.

Can we just focus on that.

• bandwagoners

And more are all things that could be leveled at any British supporting soccer fan[/QUOTE]

• bandwagoners

It has been established that every game has a bandwagon following to an extent. Rugby more so, but i’ve said countless times I wouldn’t begrudge real fans even tho I’ve no love for the game.
The simple truth is, however, Irish people have been in love with the glamour of the English game for generations, mate. It’s not a recent phenomenon- My grandfather supported Spurs after working there for a few years, my old lad supported Man Utd, so I grew up with it, as did many other lads. There are generations of men coming and going between the two countries looking for work who have brought the love of a club home. My housemate’s father and uncle are die hard Villa fans after working in Birmingham for years and went to home and away games regularly. They often regale us with tales of fighting and some desperate racism during the 70s both towards them and then from them towards blacks and paks… but aside from that, go back to my posts in the Oz thread. In estates like Moyross, where the rest of society have left the population in these estates to rot, soccer is king, just like the working class estates of England. There’s no class system and no politics- Just young lads playing the same game that the poor all over the world play. I’ve said it before, there was a lad so poor on our team he had to make his own shin guards out of tinned beans and sports tape. The Irish league can’t offer the same dreams to a young lad the premiership can… But in saying that, we used to get the No.3 bus regularly from Cravel park, Moyross, up to Rathbane when Limerick were in the top tier back in the early 90s, we were football mad, couldn’t get enough of it, and no other sport has affected this country like soccer did in 1990 and 1994.

It is sad alright when you hear fellas calling Irish lads scousers or mancs, and they have very much been caught up in the Skysports spin machine, but don’t mistake that for bandwagoning, these lads love the game, have played the game all their life, but unfortunately haven’t had a toyato plc to tap into, and that’s where rugby has done well. But that supports some of our argument- it may seem retarded, but fellas would bate the head off each other over premiership teams- Rugby lads couldn’t give a fuck win, lose or draw, it’s a social outing, not a sport.