Liverpool Football Club 2017/18

He was under contract with Liverpool.

Can isn’t an important player under Klopp. He’s better suited to a team with slower build up

Odd that he’s not important yet a regular starter.

1 Like

They’ve already made a deal with a player to replace him next summer

Arguing as to the quality of Klopp over Rodgers or vice versa is like two bald men fighting over a comb. Pointless.

Neither of them won anything.

1 Like

Precisely, which is odd given the differing narratives people are taking on their tenures.

Yet he can’t convince a player the club don’t want to lose, to stay.

One of the tenures is still in progress and the team is steadily improving. You seemingly aren’t able to grasp this

Or the club won’t offer Can what he wants, similar to the Sterling situation under Rodgers?

I don’t see how Liverpool are improving, I see them flat lining with significant investment and support given to the current manager when he has yet to hit the peak of the previous manager’s work and his current tenure is nearly at the same arc the previous manager had.

Their win % is almost identical.

And in not doing so, they will lose him which suggests the contention that the best players won’t leave because of Klopp is a fallacy.

Really? I’d say Liverpool have improved a lot over the past season especially when you consider they are dealing with CL football this season. Klopp’s rotation should mean they do better than last season in the 2nd half of this season also.

The team is improving under Klopp. Rodgers did a good job overall but by the end the team were going backwards under him. How many times do I have to spell this out for you?

Improving?!

Until the next defensive howler.

Your contention that the club are doing more now to keep players than previously would also be a fallacy in that case

How so?

Liverpool rejected a bid of over ÂŁ100m for a player who submitted a transfer request.

1 Like

They’ve definitely improved going forward this season and Klopp has signed Van Dijk to try to help the defence

I don’t see how they’re improving. They look to be flat lining.

21 points off Leicester.
17 points off Chelsea
20 points off City at the halfway stage.

That’s not really much of an improvement.

1 Like

They broke contract law to keep Suarez at Liverpool when Arsenal met his release clause. Just as with Suarez, Coutinho will probably leave next summer

You have to take the points totals of the championship winning teams into account. Chelsea broke the record for most wins last season, and City will probably break that again along with the overall points record this season

So? He still has to play a game.

Liverpool defensively under Klopp have been a disgrace for the main.

1 Like