Liverpool Football Club 2017/18

The tricky Reds will face Athletic Bilbao in a friendly at the Aviva Stadium on Saturday, August 5th. A day out perhaps for some members of the TFK Klopp Fan Club

cc @Sidney @Fran @ChocolateMice

4 Likes

Salad seems to be a done deal, I’m not convinced for €40m. What’s your opinion @Nembo_Kid?

Salad is grand on occasion.

1 Like

€40m though?

Depends on how you dress it up

4 Likes

Fans will certainly be able to digest it better, yes.

Ba Ba Boom. :clap::clap:

I think €40m is a fair price.

The amount doesn’t matter.

Not sure he’ll improve a full strength Liverpool much but he’ll add fantastic depth, not the type of player that should be top of their shopping list though.

1 Like

Looks like VVD may be close to joining. Klopp seems to be able to attract players.

Last minute Chelsea wage increase to halt this or are Chelsea okay in that department.

Chelsea seem to have been in 3rd place for a while on this one.

I don’t think Chelsea really need a central defender. The back three were very solid last year for the most part and they will have good young backup players with plenty or room to develop next season in the likes of Zouma, Christensen and Ake. It’s the wing back positions that should be a priority and providing more options and quality in midfield and attack.

Paul Joyce of The Times (who basically gets all his info directly from the club) says VvD wants to join the Kult of Klopp. @Rocko: any chance of having a Klopp emoji like the Brendan :brendan: ones?

#KOK

I think you’re right there. They probably need more of a back up centre half and perhaps an upgrade on Moses, despite his surprisingly impressive season.

It seems City really wanted him though

They need alternatives for both Alonso and Moses, they are two players who exceeded all expectations this season and it’s a very demanding role so that should be the main priority. I would say next would be an upgrade on Matic who I think is a bit meh and then probably another wide attacker in. Hazard has fractured his ankle so will probably miss the opening rounds of the season.

Few question marks on the likes of Batshuayi, Costa, Fabregas etc and whether they will depart so if they do go will need to be replaced.

Liverpool and City certainly seem to be the early movers on the market.

1 Like

Sounds like Liverpool want to empty the coffers this summer. VVD and Salad seem to be in the bag (:hushed:). It would be a very successful transfer window if they added Lacazette, Keita and Robertson. That outlay (approx €200m) will put serious pressure on Klopp. Nothing outside of a proper title challenge and extended champions league run will be considered acceptable and that is going to be very hard in a season where Pep, Jose and Wenger all have something to prove to.

Yeah, there will be real expectation next year.

City look like they are well on course to spend half a billion in 12 months under Guardiola which is staggering really.

I think Salah will do well at Liverpool as outwith Mane there is no real pace in that attack or threat in behind. They need two new full backs as well for me. Clyne and Milner are average there and there’s no real cover for them.

I suppose a lot will depend on how much Liverpool can recoup on guys like Origi, Stewart, Sturridge, Sakh, Moreno etc as none of them really seem to be fancied by Klopp.

2 Likes