Liverpool Football Club 2017/18

You canā€™t use it as proof of Liverpool backing Klopp more than Rodgers when the Coutinho saga hasnā€™t finished yet. As of now they have treated both players the exact same, except they fought even harder to keep Suarez

Well apparently the only reason Liverpool are signing players other clubs want is because of Klopp. Apparently itā€™s nothing to do with the fact Liverpool have enough financial clout to be breaking world transfer records for defenders.

I never said any of that, so address it to someone else

Plus he has a great way about him. As does Pep.

2 Likes

No as of now Coutinho is a Liverpool player and he was not sold by Liverpool when he looked to leave.

Suarez is a Barcelona player who was sold by Liverpool when he looked to leave.

Pep is an utter weirdo mate

Liverpool will sell Coutinho to Barcelona when they pay what he is worth.

Suarez looked to leave when Arsenal met his release clause and Liverpool broke the law to keep him

So the penny has finally dropped with the Board.

How did Klopp get on with getting Lewandowski, Gotze and Kagawa to stay?

1 Like

That was one example where I feel Klopp would have dealt with it better. I never said he was a player magnet. Dortmund couldnā€™t compete with the teams those players went to in terms of wages

You seem to be ignoring the fact that Suarez no longer plays for Liverpool after they sold him to Barcelona when Brendan Rodgers was in charge. You seem to be ignoring the fact that Coutinho is still a Liverpool player after they refused to sell him to Barcelona for a mouth watering fee.

PSG I reckon

200 million

Thereā€™s little basis to suggest Klopp would have convinced Sterling to say.

Sterling looked to have had his head turned by an agent and Liverpool cashed in.

Who is going to turn Bayern down?

Liverpool were able to play hardball to keep Suarez for 2013/14 and get the best out of him in that season, for two reasons - he couldnā€™t play until the end of September 2013, therefore meaning he was less attractive to potential buyers at that moment, and because Suarez was focussing on the upcoming World Cup and wanted to keep himself in form. There was clearly a gentlemanā€™s agreement worked out with him to give everything for one more season and then let him go.

There is clearly something similar in place with Coutinho. Coutinho needs to keep playing well until the end of the season to cement his place for Brazil in the summer. Weā€™ll keep him until then, and then heā€™ll be off, as long as Barcelona stump up in the region of 100-120 million.

4 Likes

You are ignoring the fact that as of now the situations are the exact same. In the summer we will know whether you are right or I am right. I suspect I will be correct.

I donā€™t usually take results before a game.

I see how the game pans out and look at it when itā€™s over.

Are draws away to Arsenal and Sevilla good results?