Liverpool football Club 2019/20 - Champions

:kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

Of course not buddy.

Liverpool had their asses handed to them tonight

We believe. Pep knows.

Letā€™s do this back at Anfield. If we can overturn Barca from 3-0 we can do this. Shows how far weā€™ve come where a drab one nil loss at AtlĆ©tico makes all the rival fans drool

1 Like

Yep :+1:t2:

Back to back European Cups is the bar Klopp has set for himself now. Cancelling ordinary.

1 Like

we?

2 Likes

You think Klopp is out if his depth too then, yep?

Must be highest paid manager in the world

Yes, Iā€™ve gone on record here saying heā€™s a shite manager & doesnā€™t have a clue.

Most serious analysts will agree after his teams performance tonight and his struggles against Shrewesbury, just canā€™t hack it aginā€™ the big boys

Ita not just tonightā€™s performance this is our third defeat away from home in cl this year and last year was the same.
Even the mighty barcelona in there pomp struggled to play through two banks of four or at times two banks of five.
To suggest klopp is a bad manager is a bit steep.
None of us know why he made the changes he did tonight but it looks like they were tactical changes.
Liverpool are not dead in the tie and everything to play for.
Also you have to take into account t the amount of games and travelling g thatā€™s been do e this season.

A bit of perspective. Liverpool have been champions of Europe on six occasions. Atletico are the only club who have appeared in three finals and have failed to win it. In one of those finals, they were leading in the 90th minute of regulation time and in another in the 120th minute of extra time and still couldnā€™t see out the job on either occasion.

Changes were made for obvious reasons. Mane was lucky to make it to half time and was a liability. Salad had no space to run in behind and will never win a physical battle against a Simeone defender, they would have been better trying to have runners time runs decently from deeper. Henderson was concussed.

1 Like

They werenā€™t leading in second final against Madrid I donā€™t think?

He should not have started mane in the first place hes only back after 3 weeks out with his hamstring.
My opinion is that you cannot have gini hendo and fab in the same starting line up as they mirror each other.
Gini struggled to get forward he was worried about saul and koke.
Fabinho has not looked the same player since injury.
Ox made a good difference when called upon and he was unlucky not to start tonight.
Hendo needs a rest and games are.catching up on him.
They stifled liverpool by playing negative but hey horses for courses they will not get though another game playing like they did tonight and not conceding

Iā€™d disagree. I think Fabinho played deeper, particularly in the second half to make sure it never got to two goals. I think kloppo learnt from Barca last year. He knows Liverpool should beat athleti at home.
Henderson always gets stick when Liverpool donā€™t win because he does nothing but itā€™s unfair in a way. Heā€™s shit normally as well.
For what itā€™s worth, I reckon thereā€™ll be a horrendous refereeing decision and athletico will have someone sent off in the first half of the second leg to ensure Liverpoolā€™s passage.

2 Likes

:grin:

Iā€™m not saying hendo is crap I have always liked him.
Hendo got the poisioned chalice of becoming captain after Gerrard you could never fault him for trying or given him 100% when he plays.
He had a horrendous time a couple of years ago after been informed his father was battling cancer.
Even when liverpool went close to winning g the title few years back hendo was playing out of his skin but then got a red and suspended for the rum in.
Fabinho is great at breaking up play one of the best in europe and considering he was a left back he has done excellent.
They wont get away with play acting at anfield and rolling on the floor I think the ref gave soft frees and buckled under the atmosphere in the Wanda.
Not blaming the ref the reality is we didnā€™t play our normal game and got beat by a team who scored and defended well

But heā€™s not though, this seems to be something that rival fans just throw out there because they canā€™t deal with the fact that Henderson has turned himself into a very good player when for years he was an easy target for abuse. Itā€™s lazy and the reality is heā€™s very close to POTY this season