Liverpool football Club 2019/20 - Champions

Ah it was a cracking bit of drama ā€¦ and an unreal way to win a league.

1 Like

I landed on a flight (remember them) and everybody put phones on and United had won league. By the time seat belt signs went off City had won it.

Won in Fergie time. Ah it was perfect. Typical City to fuck it away and somehow claw it back. Proof that despite all the money and accusations of sportswashing, that the DNA of the old City was still there in some shape or form.

In truth, english football has mattered little to me since then.

Thatā€™s why he keeps playing him I suppose

1 Like

Klopp was gutted to lose out on Werner who he had promised a starting spot to.

xG: Manchester City 78.53, Liverpool 61.69
So the ten-goal gap between the two sides should actually be 13, with Gabriel Jesus and Raheem Sterling both under-scoring according to Understat . While Roberto Firmino is way, way, way under his individual xG, all the other major goal threats at Liverpool are making the most of their lesser opportunities

xG :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Ah stop :smiley:

Do you agree with the premise of the article that you pulled that from btw?

xG has issues but the one thing itā€™s fairly bang on for is whether youā€™re good at scoring chances

Highlighting your lack of knowledge there.

It was absolutely superb the way it swung so far away from them and then back. The joey Barton thing added an extra twist of craziness. Still though they were roasting hot favourites before kick off so Iā€™d probably put 89 ahead of it too. To have to win by 2 goals in anfield against that Liverpool team. And then to do it so late. Match was played on its own on a Friday night after the fa Cup final due to hillsbrough adding an extra uniqueness.
I wonder how often theyā€™d lost by 2 at anfield in the previous decade or so

So liverpool have been ruthlessly efficient in front of goal and you want them to change their strikers?

Liverpool fans have turned into Man Yoo fans from ten years ago and vice versa

1 Like

Can you not read?

Go onā€¦

His lack of goals have been explained away by saying he sets them up rather than scoring. XG shows this isnā€™t the case. He gets plenty of chances. The defence especially Van Djik and Allisson are the reason theyā€™re winning the league. A lot of low scoring single goal victories. Having to work so hard for victories will shorten the shelf life of the team.

Ah not really. Liverpool fans never went into hiding like a large proportion of the ā€œYanitedā€ fans have done since Fergieā€™s departure.

1 Like

Does this mean Liverpool supporters are the biggest pain in the hole then?

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

1 Like

Some would say more loyal.