Liverpool football Club 2019/20 - Champions

I’d say it will be an incredible atmosphere anyway.

Liverpool are 23 points clear at the top and would have had the league won in March but for Covid. Explain how it is an illegitimate title?

City have better players, Liverpool are a better team. Simples

1 Like

Taking a 3 month holiday in the middle of the season is legitimate now? You need to kop on to yourself here

Sure Liverpool had no influence over that break. Clearly deserving champions. Didn’t think a Forest fan would begrudge them. Will you consider it illegitimate if Forest win promotion this season?

Laz has Livid 19.

3 Likes

The play offs are a competition in their own right every season aside from the general league so clearly no comparison. Disappointing to see a once great club like liverpool resort to this, reeks of desperation

Is it a lottery system as to who ends up in the play offs?

Livid 19 is real.

The play offs are a legitimate self contained entity and coming through them would be legitimate. Can LFC say the same? No, I’m afraid they cannot

But they would be playing League games after a 3 month break to get to the Play-offs? Are all leagues that take a winter break illegitimate? Liverpool have been in sensational form for the past 2 years. It takes ridiculous bitterness to suggest that they don’t deserve this title.

How do teams end up in the play-offs pal … do they draw straws?

He’s rising you, chill out — he has Livid 19 so needs your sympathy right now.

1 Like

Let them have it bro, they’ve waited so long. Let them taste the delicious nectar that comes with winning the Barclays Premier League title for the first time.

Arguably any title not won by double figures has an asterisk against it.

You’d have to wonder about the validity of teams winning League titles in the 90’s with 75 points. No handy ones by finishing above Villa, Newcastle or Blackburn these days.

1 Like

Fair point mate. But ask any City fan, which tasted better, 2012 or 2018, and well, there’s only one answer.

Aguuuuuuuuuuerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

4 Likes

2nd best title finish ever … I still think 89 was the best even tho it crushed my young soul.

1 Like

That moment in 2012 when the City big screen counted down the united fans ticker to zero, ah I’d say it sickened all those poor ol united fans who went to bed crying into their Bryan Robson duvets.

1 Like

Stupendous