Liverpool football Club 2019/20 - Champions

No

He got in at one stage and had two lads to cut it back to. He ignored them and toe poked it in to the side netting. He didnā€™t do anything else of note prior to that and Klopp hauled him off immediately after.

How do people still not understand Firminoā€™s value to the team? If he stood up top like Haaland or someone, the likes of Salah and Mane would get nowhere near the goals and assists they usually get. Our attacking priority is to get those two into goalscoring positions, not to get Bobby into them. Firmino creates that space, gives incredible ball to them and drags defender everywhere. He may not have done it perfectly lately but itā€™s not always going to. Heā€™s still one of our most important players

A joy to watch. Not only that, but he creates space for midfielders to get into dangerous positions, Keita and Ox and the like. Heā€™s the number 9 and has the most assists for the European Champions and unbeaten PL side so far.

Heā€™s liquid mate, innit.

Kloppā€™s game isnā€™t about occupying space. Itā€™s about exploiting space and Firmino is critical to that with his intelligent movement and the quandary for defenders/holding midfielders to know what to do with a false 9.

2 Likes

Firmino is the best player in the premier league.

Big statement mate. I would have Mane ahead of him.

This is the ā€œoccupying spaceā€ myth I am on about. Look at Keita against Bournemouth and Salzburg. Played deeper than Firminho yet was able to score one and assist on Saturday. Created havoc and scored against Salzburg. There is a misguided allegiance to Firminho based on performances two seasons ago. Put Son, Vardy, Martinez, Mbappe, Aubameyang etc as a true or false number 9 and there would be a massive improvement in goals scored. I reckon Klopp is seeing the demise and will upgrade next summer.

Firmino is ranked top of our assists tally with ten though, 8 of which Mane and Salah scored.

Turning water into wine - the net spend kings

3 Likes

Bobby is also a geggenpressing machine

1 Like

Mikey Edwards and co are doing some work on the transfers
This means more

1 Like

Three small time clubs beaten to his signature is no great boast

Putting some Sevco money to good use is a good boast though

Sure Ā£7.5m is chump change these days.

What a deal they have done for Minamino. Heā€™s got it all, suits Klopp down to the ground. Heā€™ll play a big part in getting it done towards the end of the season.

If @mikehunt was watching a hurling game heā€™d be the lad bawling ā€œlet it in ta fuck!!!ā€

1 Like

He is the system.

19 players have as many assists as him in the league and heā€™s not in top 30 for goals scored. He plays in a team that has won all but one game. An upgrade would not be hard found. Hopefully Minamino will slot in the front 3.

I think there may be a clue here mate.

3 Likes