Liverpool Football Club - 2020/2021

I know you’re a rubby man, but centre back is a vital position in football, mate. To have a rookie and a midfielder plug the gap there at this level is a big ask.

2 Likes

No great need to bring on any subs when the team has energy levels on 90 minutes nearly as high as they were in the first minute. As I remarked over on the Spurs supporters thread with about 10 minutes to go, Liverpool were flying, Spurs were out on their feet and it was only a question of when the goal was going to arrive.

Sure Spurs are having to make do with a midfielder in Eric Dier at centre back as well. You just get on with it.

Energy is conserved when the ball in doing the work. Jose should have brought on Doherty for the flagging Aurier who put in a great shift.

Dier has been playing there for a while now and sees himself as a centre back… Liverpool are getting on with it , didn’t they win tonight.

:laughing:

5 Likes

The team are. You’re the one that keeps referencing how weakened they are. The reality is they’re still almost at full strength and fielding a starting side with 9 of a European Cup winning starting 11.

I said it once fucko… And I don’t know why you feel the need to reference a game from almost 2 years ago, that’s a lifetime in football.

The 8 or 9 fit regulars may be present on the pitch but are running on fumes after playing twice a week for months in a row due to the unavailability of the regular bench players. Gini must have the conditioning of a Dublin footballer.

It’s the inhalers chief. They are doing the lads wonders

1 Like

2 Likes

The inhalers will keep them going til the next Merseyside derby where the Everton dogs of war cripple what’s left of the first choice XI.

Fucking hell, I cant unsee that.

Sounds good

A NO Saints style incentive scheme might be in order?

Klopp will be seething.

Klopp doesn’t even have 5 usable subs.

Coach Ole will be seething he can’t utilise more of his billion pound squad

Do Liverpool even have nine bodies to put on the bench? The kit man, tea lady, maybe a couple of the fellas that cut the grass.