Liverpool Football Club - 2020/2021

Andy Carroll as well

2 Likes

Brendan Rodgers best window as Liverpool manager by a distance. January 2013.

Iā€™d give credit to the famous Transfer Committee for Coutinho and Sturridge. Think I read that Rodgers didnā€™t want the latter.

Didnā€™t want Coutinho either.

Coutinho would only cramp Wee Joe Xaviā€™s style

He didnā€™t want Firmino anyway. Preferred Benteke.

Rafa signed Coutinho for Inter Milan afaik.

Rodgerā€™s comfort zone was domestic. Woefully inept as a manager in Europe and always focused on signing premier league players.

1 Like

Yeh I first saw him play in Inter in the 4-3 game v Spurs. Sad in a way to see his career peter out but his own fault.

1 Like

Had a terrible European record with Liverpool alright. Lost in the round of 32 of the Europa to Zenit and Besiktas. Knocked out of the group by Basle in his Champions League appearance. Seems to be doing well in the Europa with Leicester this season though. Be nice to see them win it.

Didnā€™t he lose his first away European game for Celtic against some crowd from Gibraltar.

Yeah his record in Europe with Celtic was hit and miss too. Heavy 5-0 defeat to PSG and 7-1 away to Barca. Did draw 3-3 with Man City which was impressive.

Were Liverpool fans not crowing about their revenue figures last season and net spend etc.? The Yanks must be taking the money out of the club or the agents must be due a payment this month cc @BruidheanChaorthainn

Liverpool have to sell to buy generally.

Thatā€™s a small club mentality. What about the record revenues?

Where do you think they are getting money with no fans? Liverpool donā€™t have the reserves of the Manchester clubs or Chelsea.

Is @StoneCold a bit slow or what?

I think heā€™s drunk.

:pint:

1 Like

He seems to have completely missed the 3 years of net spend arguments