Liverpool Football Club 2022/23

Doak looks a real talent.

1 Like

He bought the club for £300m and now it’s worth 10 times that. I’d hardly call that failure

i didn’t call that a failure.

So overall, a success?

he failed with the Super League attempt. Financially, for FSG, they’ve been a huge success.

Football wise, i’m not so sure. they’re selling now with an ageing squad that won’t qualify for the champions league and Klopp looks done… could be a rocky road

Granted the team are struggling currently and there is a rebuild ahead but FSG have been a huge success due to the success of the team. Surely you can’t deny that

1 Like

what success? they’ve won three? trophies in 10 years. one more than Leicester and one less than United. They’ve lined their pockets

So how has the club value increased tenfold since FSG took over?

because they aren’t bankrupt… the only reason they got it so cheap is because Gillet and Hicks ran Liverpool into the ground… they were on the verge of being folded

All sneering aside I genuinely think this klopp era has been a time of missed opportunity for Liverpool. If they dont win anything else they’ve really won very very little for a great team. There has been a lot of great football but there haven’t been all that many great moments either.
The Barca game was one of the greatest ever footballing occasions an absolutely phenomenal comeback. But apart from that? Even the first league in 30 years was a damp squib. The quadruple run last year was very impressive, if theyd won it they would have been the greatest ever English team but in the end they didn’t and was again a bit of a damp squib. They might not spend quite as much as some others but they still spend a lot, are owned by a billionaire, have millions of fans and are one of the biggest most historically successful clubs in the world, they should be winning the odd league and cup every few years no matter what.

1 Like

Th roma victory over Barca the year before was wat better than the nurderers victory

The liverpool victory was after barca were shown to be fragile and it wasnt a shock

Si Senor

3 Likes

What an accolade. Lucas Levia.

They were blessed to meet spurs in a champions league final and the less said about the behind closed doors/water break title they won.

Liverpool have gone up in value because football has exploded since fsg bought the club. Abramovich bought Chelsea for less than 200 million as an example.

1 Like

Lucas Leiva was the best midfielder in the league for a few weeks in Autumn 2011, just before the torn ACL. Absolutely bossed prime Yaya Toure at Anfield.

2 Likes

If it wasn’t for Liverpool city would be going for what, 6 in a row? No other team would have gotten next to near them and the league would have been done by Christmas.

Yes, it’s all about winning… That’s all that counts in the end but to seriously challenge city over 4/5 years with the players he had is a remarkable achievement in itself. They pushed city to the limit twice while everyone else has rolled over and had their belly tickled.

It’s not a hugely successful period, but there has been periods of success. I think you incels blow up the success more than Liverpool fans do. Liverpool fans are very knowledgeable and realistic about where the club is. They’ve spent but have far more checks/balances than city who can psy what they want when they want… City also have a phenomenal manager. Youre underestimating city in your valuation of Liverpool failing. Klopp has done a brilliant job.

7 Likes

Bossed?

Based on european results city arent great tbh

In the way the Tallaght Hoops would boss the likes of Finn Harps

@croppy_boy