Liverpool Football Club 2023/24

Eh Darwin cost the same amount and got 9 last season. It seems like you think uniteds money means more?

1 Like

Yeah ideally you’d love to support a team who win in the manner that Leicester City did in 2016. Although that was a one off and English football has become even more of a closed shop since then. I’d say it was a great sport in the late 70’s when it was so open that a promoted team like Forest could win the 2nd and 1st tiers back to back. Ipswich and Watford made similar meteoric rises around that time too. The way it’s going the EPL winners will basically be determined by who has the Arab money and when they acquired it. Winning with a self made American owner is nearly an underdog story at this stage it’s so warped.

Darwin’s first season was considered unsuccessful mate. It’s all about the second season for him.

i find this a bit mental - the thing about Leicester - A Thai Billionaire bought them in 2010 - they had 5 years of massive infrastructural investment and shrewd transfer dealings. It didn’t just happen out of the blue.

1 Like

Gas cunts.

2 Likes

Sorry @caulifloweredneanderthal . You knowledgeable pool fans declared him a generational talent. It’s some about turn to call him a disappointment.

He will change the game.

This will be his season

Ah relative to the big 6 they spent peanuts. Jamie Vardy signed from Fleetwood when they were in the championship, Riyad Mahrez signed for less than half a million. Picked out Kante that summer for a minimal fee from Caen. It was water into wine stuff. Wes Morgan had been a championship defender all his career then suddenly embarks on a title winning season at the heart of their defence. The whole team was assembled for far less than Man City paid for Eliaquim Mangala.

3 Likes

Were they 500/1 to win the league? A shoe in at that price like.

They were more than that. 5,000-1.

1 Like

Still, no surprise they won the league though.

1 Like

You’d imagine a generational talent would be good enough to hit the ground running?

Shur united fans here wanted rid of Cristiano after his first couple of seasons. All stepovers and no knickers they said.

You’re an especially thick cunt

You should just avoid commenting on soccer

I would doubt Liverpool will buy Caicedo. Too much money

I’d say tis a feint, so that Southampton stop milking them dry for this young lad. Who is either not worth it, or the greatest young midfielder in the World, depending on whether they buy him or not

:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:

Taxi for @BruidheanChaorthainn

Ya? all about this season.