Liverpool Football Club 2023/24

no, i just remember thinking to myself at the time that Livi & Falkirk had given Celtic more of a game than these chumps

Itā€™s hard to see otherwise. Personally Iā€™d have preferred to bring Brendan back if thatā€™s what weā€™re after, a placeholder, and it seems obvious it is.

Iā€™d say weā€™ll finish about 7th next season.

Ruben Amorim is clearly the stand out alternative to Alonso and if West Ham get him next season I expect them to do very well, possibly ahead of us.

1 Like

It doesnt matter who they choose. As long as Banquo is rattling around that place, they are fucked.

1 Like

After Ange decamping to the EPL last summer, Iā€™m mightily relieved Liverpool arenā€™t going back in for Brendan. Steven Gerrard denied Brendan a title win with a squad of absolute diddies, & that managerial feat is really downplayed for whatever reason. Brendanā€™s Celtic outplayed Slotā€™s Feyenoord in Rotterdam up to the first sending off & harsh penalty. The second sending off ended the game. Celtic were better than them again at home & won that game, but it was a dead rubber in fairness. I canā€™t remember why but Slot still picked his strongest team, maybe it was for seeding in dropping down to Europa League or something. Slot seemed like a very affable sort over those two games & shared some warm words & embraces with Brendan.

Wasnt lennon the manager?

I have even more respect for Alonso for swerving it this time around. There must have been hige pressure on him to take it. He chose wisely. This Feyenord chap is a bit like Endo. No one expects anything. Free hit for him also. He might do ok but I doubt it with some of the dross about. The good ones are too old now.

1 Like

I meant Gerrard denied Brendan his rightful EPL title at Liverpool when he slipped & cost them the league. Getting that side to within a whisker of a title was some achievement by Rodgers.

2 Likes

Rodgers lost in Europe to a chip shop mate!

1 Like

The signs are encouraging here for the Dippers as regards recruiting baldy managers from the Dutch league. Martin Jol did a terrific job at Spurs.

Tbh I actually canā€™t get over how good this guy is. I watched him destroy the Go Ahead Eagles last night.

1 Like

Liverpool and Feyenoord - kindred spirits

https://twitter.com/TheRedmenTV/status/1783844874782904576?t=4y8Lxul4jnQV_PSvwLiOWg&s=19

4 Likes

Oh god :sob: Iā€™m not able for that on a Friday.

Bigger than anything klopp achieved

If Klopp had any bit about him, he would be winning his 3rd league in a row right now, heā€™s a spoofer

I tend to agree. Covid titles obviously donā€™t count & the CL final was against Spurs. A few other cups here & there but, pound for pound, Rodgers switching to 3-box-3 & all but winning the title only for Gerrard was a vastly more impressive feat.

1 Like

GOOSEBUMPS!

Surely the fact Slotter passed the much vaunted Daniel Levy charisma test, before snubbing Spurs, augurs well?

1 Like

Iā€™ve watched three YouTube compilations from the Dutch Farmerā€™s League and Iā€™m now convinced that the laptop nerds have got the right man. Iā€™ve done further research by listening to ten minutes of a podcast where one of those Athletic-type stats nerds talked about how Slot loves wingers and inverted fullbacks and this tells me that Luis Diaz and Trent Alexander Arnold will be big players for him. With Danns, Clark and Bajectic all going to play 30-40 games next season, he probably doesnā€™t even need to buy any new players. @FOTD.

1 Like

Simeone shit his pants here when The Slotter came at him

https://twitter.com/i/status/1783805159534928323

1 Like

Danns is the best young forward in world football right now

2 Likes