Liverpool Football Club 2023/24

klopp made him you dolt

Actually, Bolton did.

1 Like

Why would a club make someone declare for a country?

Rory McIllroy says the new generation are neither Irish nor British just Northern Irish. Maybe he feels the same way

8 Likes

SinnFein have the 1st minister now mate - i wouldnt pay much notice on what pubehad says

1 Like

Ah, I though he was referring to made him as a player.

Christ is that the barometer, McIlroy?

Klopp thinking of the bigger picture too. Leader of men.

Some young lads are identified as talented players by the NI system, get brought into training camps, play in development sides, make friends & play in their underage sides the whole way up & are happy to progress through the ranks & remain within it. It’s nothing political & no more than that. It doesn’t matter whether somebody plays with the 26 or 6, as long as they’re getting fresh air, enjoying themselves & keeping fit & healthy. Only bigots would take issue with it. I used to be disgusted by the grief Rory McIlroy got for proudly representing as Northern Irish & supported him all the way on TFK & in REAL LIFE, it’s nobody else’s business who people want to play their sport (or golf) with.

12 Likes

100%, as always certain views on here say more about the person expressing the views than anything else, and in lots of cases these are the lads proclaiming themselves the moral and ethical voice of the country go figure …

Little men

1 Like

Fair play to Norn Iron, they mugged him off good n proper. Not the first to fall for the schilling.

Id agree 100% with that.Let them be independent.

Big men though in their own little heads.

The butchers aprons circling

1 Like

who would have thought that fans of an overtly loyalist team are proud to have players from the 6 counties playing for them.

so @Jayo76 - what are your views on the national question ?
I the national question solely through the prism of the foreign football team i “support”

1 Like

Nobody made a big deal back in the day when Gaelic Footballers, Gerry Armstrong, Pat Jennings, Gerry McElhinney and Martin O’Neill played for the North. When did it become such a big issue?

4 Likes

The Pretend IRA’s favourite son Neil Lennon proudly lined out for Northern Ireland.

Lennon got a bullet in the post?

mclean, duffy etc said no more after that

You do remember the horrific abuse he took, right?

1 Like