Liverpool Football Club 2023/24

Agreed. Winning one league is exhausting. Howard Wilkinson moved into a cushy number in the fa after his i think.

5 Likes

Thereā€™s a lot more to winning the Premier League nowadays. You cant afford one slip up or you have quality sides breathing down your throat. Its not like the mickey mouse yoke it was over a decade ago.

3 Likes

Why did all the transfer fellas fall out with klopp? Seems they are all coming back now klopp is leaving.

A bit strange.

1 Like

3 CL finals, two seasons pushing quad to near the endā€¦ On the back of Dortmund. Man needs a time out. And like you say, itā€™s not like 10-15 years agoā€¦ You canā€™t make a mistake in the chase for a title now or youre goneā€¦ Itā€™s very high stakes the standard is so high at the top

2 Likes

Plus he wasnā€™t financially doped like Clubs were over 10 years ago. What went on back then was laughable really.

If FFP existed then :person_shrugging:t2:

If you want to stand the test of time and win multiple champions leagues and premier leagues at clubs youā€™ve to always back your youth academy.

Klopp won a cup with young lads and then abandoned them the minute Salah and Trent came back. Teams fallen apart ever since.

2 Likes

Not even that, some managers back then blatantly flouted rules, tapping players up, acting disgracefully with the media, pulling strokes for agents related to them, loans to friendly managers being dressed up as other things, anti Irish sentiments. Ah it was sickening.

Pep and Klopp brought love back

Every player signed admitted they were tapped up. But shur lookit, that was a different time when the league was more akin to an inter pub league

1 Like

And the Gladiators ref handing them points

Mad when you think about it.

Itā€™s a proper league now

Youā€™re right. I remember he pulled a muscle abusing the 4th official that time. Pushing himself to the very limits

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/lfclaurie/status/1783232548891488560?s=46

premier league love GIF by Liverpool FC

2 Likes

What will you all miss most about Jurgen?

I think its how his smile made me feel inside.

This is beautiful.

1 Like

The hugs. The fist pumps. The smile. The laugh. The way he made us all dream pal. The way he wound up the pyjama boys.

losing every big game he played against a team from Madrid

3 Likes

The season has really petered out. I wonder would the Liverpool owners even be contemplating sacking Klopp at this stage. Maybe get a new manger bounce while thereā€™s still an outside chance of winning the league.

1 Like

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy singing ā€œthe wind beneath my wingsā€ in the Ratoath Inn when we won number 6

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
It must have been cold there in my shadow
To never have sunlight on your face
You were content to let me shine, thatā€™s your way
You always walked a step behind

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/_Version4/status/1783159021962252544?t=y83nGDLlsflZbcwJdwsAxw&s=19

3 Likes