Liverpool Football Club 2023/24

You heard? :joy:

1 Like

They also finished 12th last season and appointed Frank Lampard as interim manager. Not exactly shrewdness personified.

I believe there was method in his madness there too.

If they finished in Europe last year theyā€™d have to pay the billion back over five years.

Now itā€™s eight years. So around 125 million a year. He sold over two hundred million a year this summer hasnā€™t he.

Since July 1 the slate has been wiped so they can spend like crazy but will ultimately have to make it up by end of June next year.

So theyā€™ll have to sell a heap of players again between now and then to come back into line.

There is no cohesion there at all. Boehly isnā€™t even that wealthy.

1 Like

Well Iā€™m not an expert on American sports but they do tend to spend big for a short period and then under invest it almost from what I can see?

Thatā€™s what heā€™s doing here isnā€™t it. Heā€™s going to spend massive and then look to off load lads or qualify for the champions league.

Itā€™s risky but but smart too.

I think Chelsea will do well this season. I was
Impressed with them. They should only improve now.

:smiley::smiley:

The Liverpool fans have been truly mugged off by their owners.

1 Like

For all theyā€™ve spent they have a teenager stating cam who Aston Villa werenā€™t too perturbed about losing and a striker whoā€™s best achievement was scoring 11 goals in a season at Villarreal. Theyā€™ll only have one serviceable keeper now that theyā€™re loaning out Kepa too. The same Kepa who was a world record fee for a keeper. The only trump card they have is that Poch is a good coach.

Theyā€™ll finish above Liverpool.

Iā€™d doubt it but theyā€™d want to having spent a billion in 12 months.

1 Like

It wouldnā€™t shock me if Liverpool completely tank.

The Brighton manager in place by Christmas.

Chelsea are dangerous.

Could easily finish 2nd or 3rd.

No European football whatsoever.

1 Like

Liverpool could be relegated this season

Iā€™d be more worried about a manager who seems to think that a clean sheet at Old Trafford this evening was proof of managing the game well

The manager will do well to avoid a relegation battle with the meagre resources at his disposal.

These are good takes . I could see all that happening exactly as you described.

Someone here very lately was saying Klopp is 80/1 to be gone by Christmas, maybe it was @EstebanSexface ? Iā€™d be ploughing into anything even 10/1 upwards if there is a market on this.

All I can find is next EPL manager sacked and heā€™s 28/1 in that.

1 Like

yeah, Iā€™m pretty certain heā€™ll be gone

Where did you see that market offered?

i didnā€™t - one of the Liverpool accountants used it as an argument against me the thick cunt

1 Like

Gas cunts

1 Like

Thatā€™s settled it so.