Liverpool Football Club 2023/24

Tis an ill wind that doesnt behead someone.

No one better than the Sauds to lend a hand. They have plenty of them lying about

Chelsea benefitting from a changing tide, very similar to how united did with the onset of the SKY money. Be hard compete with them now.

Boehly inherited a Chelsea team that had just finished 3rd and reached 2 cup finals. They’d won a Champions League 12 months before. He’s spent a billion and now they’d view a 5th place finish as great progress. Some operator alright😅 Eating into future budgets with his loopholes too, as well as potentially having players stuck on 8 year contracts.

He isn’t eating into future budgets though.

He’s reduced their wage bill and signed mainly very young and promising to players while moving on a lot of the older high contracted players.

He’s a good manager in place and his squad is beginning to take shape.

Chelsea will do extremely well in the next few years.

I’m sure he’ll have another good manager in place by next season as well

6 Likes

Poch will do well.

I was impressed on Sunday.

He’s leveraging deals over 5 years. That reduces available budget unless he continues to do it. But I’d imagine FFP will watching like hawks now.

Chelsea had a good manager to begin with in Tommy Tuchel. Poch is the main asset there at the minute to be fair. I rate him as a manager. Chelsea have done extremely well for the last 20 years. Boehly is looking like the man who’ll bring an end to that era of success.

As an example caicedo is costing probably 22 or 23 million per year for the next 8 seasons.

Salah is costing Liverpool similar for the next 3 years.

Caicedo has a resale value too.

Boehly is signing lads on less wages to fellas he’s shifting out.

The Liverpool lads don’t like it because they’ve a massive wage budget.

What Boehly is doing is very smart. He all of a sudden has an extremely young squad with a lower wage bill.

Yes he is. The amortisation only works if you keep selling players

The guy they are selling to Fulham who has barely played and mason mount will cover the midfield three of caicedo, enzo and the Southampton chap. Plus he’s shifted Jorginho and Kantes wages of the books. That’s probably the three midfielders covered for the next couple of years.

Or qualify for the champions league or get a shirt sponsor.

His wage bill is decreasing too which is huge.

He will need to sell players but smartly he’s signing younger players who you’ll always move on. It’s not like he’s doing a man United on it and signed lads at 26/27 to huge deals.

He’s signing lads 23 and under on decent wages.

Even the guy from palace for 37 million.

They’ll shift him on for a profit next year too.

He’s paying Enzo Fernandes £315,000 a week. That must be near 350k per week in euros. That much for a player who had a decent World Cup.

Slightly less than what Kante was on.

Kante was on £290k per week apparently. Enzo is on more. What happens when he looks for a wage increase after a couple of years? This could all end in tears (hopefully it does).

We’re also forgetting that Boehly sanctioned a €12 million loan fee for flop Joao Felix last January.

Sure how did your man Arthur go on loan for Liverpool last season?

Klopp would have been as well off signing the Arthur that posts on here.

2 Likes

liverpool spent 60m less on salaries than united last season. maguire and anthony on 200k per week each

the anthony deal stinks CC @myboyblue

That’s not how forgetting works.

4 Likes

We’d take @Arthur at cdm right now. I have images of him being a Dublin style street footballer in the mould of a young Johnny Giles.

1 Like

600k pw for Sancho and Martial. Up until recently 600k pw on 3 average keepers. The Glazers are being mugged off