Liverpool Football Club 2023/24

Klopp hasn’t really developed any youth academy players has he? Only Trent maybe.

Curtis Jones @balbec

Curtis Jones, Harvey Elliot, Stefan Bajcetic, Kelleher, Jarell Quanshah, Ben Doak all played last night and all were in the academy. All, bar Kelleher, have played in the league this year too. Tyler Morton is out on loan and Clark, Gordon, Bradley are all players who have had games for the first team. A few others knocking about the first team squad too.

2 Likes

Not too many to make the breakthrough really as genuine first teamers.

1 Like

Marcelo Pitulaga is the best young goalkeeper in the world right now

1 Like

Curtis Jones is 22 and has 70 league appearances. Elliot is 20 and has 50 league appearances. Quansah is 20, Bajcetic is 18 and Doak is 17.

6 Likes

Personally, I feel Klopp has also helped develop me as a man.

16 Likes

Ah mate

yeah I know, sorry.

Is it fair to suggest you wouldn’t have considered mashed potato in your lunchtime roll from Spar during the Hodgson or Dalglish eras? But Klopp has made you dream?

13 Likes

That would be a very accurate assessment of my thoughts. Klopp is an innovator much like me when it comes to sandwiches & rolls. He makes critical half time decisions, I make critical lunch time decisions. We are one.

3 Likes

Thanks a clamping.

Jaysus, another clamping. Mods, step in quick.

This lad is the real deal. ‘Experts’ clamouring for another CB signing in the summer and the laptop gurus knew they’d a gem on their hands already

The lad looks a talent. He may never reach the heights of Big Nat who single handedly secured Champions League football and sent Zlatan to the shadow realm but should have a good career all the same.

1 Like

Curtis Jones has seamlessly transitioned into the Liverpool team since Easter and is a big part of the unbeaten run since April. Invariably when Curtis starts, Liverpool usually win. He was more of a winger when he scored that cracker against Everton back in January 2020 but now he’d remind you of a young Gini Wijnaldum with his high pressing and general composure in midfield.

1 Like

Ah lovely

3 Likes

He’s absolutely useless

Tell us never put mash in a roll

1 Like