Liverpool Football Club 2023/24

To be fair to Liverpool they are investing a lot money around the surrounding areas of anfield.

Oh wait.

1 Like

Genuine question: are wages counted in this net-spend pretend league thingy?

No.

Is it not kinda pointless then (even by the standards of an already meaningless metric)?

Nope. But Juhy junior got to wait in the rain for the utd team bus with the blacked out windows to drive by without us getting a look at anyone. Worth the 150e tickets by itself.

2 Likes

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Stop right fucking thereā€¦

1 Like

Itā€™s up there with one of those ā€œif the season started at Christmas and if you exclude games which took place midweek or in the northern half of the country, Crystal Palace would have qualified for the Champions Leagueā€ type stats

5 Likes

It wouldnā€™t suit the narrative.

Liverpool have had a colossal wage bill under klopp.

1 Like

should i include the attempted murder of the man in Bulgaria by Michael Shields?

True story, when I knew @tazdedub back in the day, i asked him to come to a protest against the injustice of the Birmingham 6, he laughed in my face, imagine my shock a few short years later when i saw him outside the Bulgarian embassy with a ā€œfree Michael shieldsā€ placard

7 Likes

Would you not have left when he was wailing that he hates united and football?

Sometimes you have to suffer for your team. You wouldnā€™t get it youā€™re a newborn city fan.

1 Like

LoLz. You cunts wouldnt know suffering.

Youā€™d hope that lads that have won every trophy going earn more than lads that have a Charity Shield medal.

Only if their club does right by them.

You earn your reward after youā€™ve won it all. You donā€™t hand out tens of millions to Cavani and his agent to drift towards retirement

Just a shame the club wouldnt reward them.

True. Iā€™d agree with FSG and their measured approach. Thereā€™s far more satisfaction winning without spending mammoth money. Iā€™d imagine itā€™s a very hollow feeling for the elite coterie by comparison.

Now FSG have been very fortunate that Jurgen Klopp was available in October 2015. Heā€™s papered over a lot of cracks with his shrewd management. Realistically weā€™d barely have played in the Champions League during this period without him, never mind made 3 finals in it. Apparently Jurgen Klopp has spent a fee on just 4 defenders since his arrival in 2015 and two of those have been Robbo (ā‚¬8 million) and the Greek Scouser (ā‚¬12 million). Itā€™s staggering what heā€™s achieved considering this.

2 Likes

He also tried everything to pull the plug on the Salah deal for some shit German player instead.

He got desperately lucky and seems to have no eye for a player.

Why was he lucky? He agreed with Edwards and they signed Salah.

I donā€™t think they were really that close to signing Julian Brandt but if they did realistically Klopp would have transformed him into a fabulous footballer too. Heā€™s an excellent coach.

He has no eye for a player alright. Only plucked the two best full-backs in the league (2018-2022) from the academy and Hull for ā‚¬8 million. Then you see the development of players like Sadio Mane, Mo Salah, Firmino and Jota under his tutelage. Heā€™s a genius really.