Liverpool - not 2009/10 but the next season after that

Iā€™d take another Kuyt for 7 million. For ā‚¬20 million Iā€™d want a Ruud

Kuyt surely cost more than 7 million

Iā€™d say about ā‚¬10 - ā‚¬12m. Heā€™s probably only worth about ā‚¬7 though

maybe, I think they have got their moneyā€™s worth all the same from Kuyt

Ajax are digging their heels in and trying to squeeze more cash from the deal. They have apparently tried to bring Spurs in to start a bidding war. Nothing new here.

De Bour was saying the other day that if Dzeko went for 30 million then Suarez is worth the same as wellā€¦

Kuyt was bought for his goal scoring prowess on that front he has been a failure, his workrate and willingness to play anywhere has made him a bit of a fans favourite at Liverpool.

His ability is somewhat limited and heā€™s not fast enough for a winger or a striker but Iā€™ve never seen anyone work harder for the team than him. He also scores some very important goals.

Itā€™s all hear sayā€¦ but Liverpool are offering Babel as part of the deal and it seems De Boer does not want him and instead they want the cash. Like I said itā€™s just all rumours flying around and it will be played out for another few days.

Negredo is lined up as a back up plan ā€¦ I havenā€™t seen a whole pile of this lad but he seems to be a different type of player to Suarez???

Even though he looks to be an awful arrogent prick Charles Nā€™Zogbia would be a decent signing for Liverpool and wouldnā€™t cost a fortuneā€¦

Please keep this sort of tripe in the Janurary transfer thread as it has no place in here. If you want to have pops at Clarkeycat start a thread for that. Since you have gone back to work your posting has gone on the slide badly, back to your college days and sometimes worse.

Yeah, almost an old fashioned centre forward, strongly built and good in the air and a decent finisherā€¦Hull and Spurs were trying to sign him about 18 months agoā€¦Would be a good foil for Torres, although whether he would like the rough and tumble of the EPL is anyoneā€™s guess

Kuyt cost 10 million I think and he has been worth it. He was bought to score goals and in his first season he got a few from a front position. He then switched position and I think he is a good player without ever being superb.

He seems to have benefited from playing at a high level, in terms of many CL matches with Liverpool and even in the EPL. He seems to thrive on those big matches and exerts himself well. Torres rightly got the headlines for the match against Chelsea with his two goals but I thought Kuyt was superb in that game.

We always knew he was a red, Carroll, Carroll
Heā€™s got a dirty greasy head, Carroll, Carroll,
He beats up birds, he burns his house,
But we donā€™t care thats fuckin scouse,
ANDY CARROLL LIVERPOOLS NUMBER 9!

Yeah.

:unsure:

:unsure:

Sweet Carroll 9 Dah Dah Dahā€¦

you support a club of murderers

Heā€™s a casual supporter, didnt he even believe Torres was staying there for life :lol:

Any chance you have you bring this up.

You probably will claim some sort of victory now that Torres left and it vindicated your ā€˜widely believed viewā€™ that he was going to leave.

Well Liverpool themselves were completely unaware that he was going to ask to leave hence the final day scaramble to buy Carroll at a vastly overstated price. You got lucky.