Liverpool - not 2009/10 but the next season after that

He’s going home

I don’t have a problem with him really but there was a sense of falseness of him playing up to the fans. It is a minor point though. Liverpool have that idea about themselves though of the ‘one true Church’ and any dissenters are hated. Mascherano made reference to that in his speech and he has a point.

in what sense does he have a point farmer? His refusal to play a match or his refusal of a new contract and then to claim he was forced out ?

Good quotes from fowler today

Quotes from John Henry in the Guardian today:

“It’s still early but in retrospect you could not have made, in our case it was very fortunate, but we could not have made a better choice,” Henry said. “I know he, for a long time now, has wanted to be in this position, so it’s a great thing for the club, for Kenny and for us.”

Henry has also hinted they may opt to redevelop Anfield rather than build a new stadium in Stanley Park. “The Kop is unrivalled,” he said. "The atmosphere, I was really surprised because we’ve heard so much about needing a new stadium.

“We were surprised at how beautiful Anfield was both viewing it as an empty stadium and then with the first game. It would be hard to replicate that feeling anywhere else.”

Henry also explained why they sanctioned the sale of Torres: “One of things that we talked about from the very beginning was how important it was that everyone was on the same page. No player is bigger than the club,” Henry told Fox Soccer Channel.

“We expect players to want to be there. If they don’t want to be part of Liverpool Football Club then we should do everything we can to facilitate them going elsewhere.”

Interesting Sid Lowe article on the departure of Torres from Sports Illustrated - http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/sid_lowe/02/03/fernando.torres/index.html

It was class with him calling Liverpool a franchise in that interview. If they can’t redevelop Anfield or find a suitable site for a new stadium then I think the logical conclusion is to move the franchise to another city.

I hear we’re about to acquire a little Italian club as a feeder team. Ah lovely :clap:

What a fucking win :clap:

I picked a great time to become a Liverpool fan again :clap:

Pretty satisfying to blow a big hole in Chelsea’s title hopes the week your best striker goes there to win trophies.

:smiley:

id say the italian will love that after you murdered so many italians back in the 80’s

although the oirish still seem to love you despite 3 Irish people been killed by liverpool fans recently

:lol: :lol:

I can’t believe you don’t even know what that’s about. How embarrassing.

very true

Great performance from Carragher today considering he’s just back. Meireles impressive again and Lucas in fairness to him had some great moments. For the umpteenth time Kuyt’s workrate was unbelievable. What a man :clap:

Some result in fairness. Would love to see Chelsea drop out of the top 4 altogether. Some collapse from being a 1/2 shot a few months back to win the title.

Martin Kelly has also been a good signing for the FPL. Three clean sheets in a row I think.

Zonal-Marking analysis of the game - http://www.zonalmarking.net/2011/02/06/chelsea-0-1-liverpool-tactics/

:unsure:

I thought that first but he’s talking fantasy football

Ahhhhh. My apologies KIB.

:clap:

It’s actually 4 in a row I think. He got 2 bonus points 1 week also