Liverpool - not 2009/10 but the next season after that

Is it pretty much accepted that Dalglish will be in charge next season?

He seems to have done well and he has them playing well in plenty of matches but is that not just replicating what came before? Last few seasons Liverpool have been more than capable of beating anyone on their day but they struggle against lowly teams and they look like they could slip up any week. Has that really changed under Dalglish? His win record is 8 from 17, he has lost the only chances he had at a trophy (Europa League and FA Cup) and while Liverpool have improved in the league table that seems to be a result of others dropping off.

He has been an imporvement over Hodgson certainly but his points per game (assuming all games were league) is 1.64 which isnā€™t a vast improvement on Hodgonā€™s 1.54.

The Suarez signing looks good and thereā€™s certainly more confidence about the team but Iā€™m just wondering if heā€™s being judged easier than Hodgson was and if he will bring any more consistency to the team than Benitez, Houllier or Hodgson managed.

I agree with you Rocko, but Pool fans are mental, you must remember that.

Now maybe heā€™ll improve further next year, but it would not surprise me if heā€™s not given the job. The yanks look at stats, bottom line, and sentiment will be diluted (if listened to) with these guys.

It could end in tears.

Awful sentence structure. Will bottom line be diluted?

Mac, your own insecurities about getting the piss taken out of you by me are coming to the fore again. The fact that mbb hasnā€™t even been on yet clapping your post says it all really. Its lame, and youā€™re lame.

:lol: Caoimhaoin clearly struggling here by trying to drag me into his recent spat with mac. Wonderful stuff as always. I look forward to hearing what his network of Liverpool supporting friends have to say on KD and LFCā€™s future. :smiley:

Recent? Me and Mac have been at this even before you started spouting your shite.

Yea, thats how memorable its been. No one fucking cares.

Why bother responding at all so?

Iā€™d say you are just murder in a meeting either at work or at the GAA, always having to comment on every fucking thing that moves. Utter utter moron.

Because you brought me into it. :lol: caoimhaoin seething again, good times.

Why do you always have to make it personal? Itā€™s not that hard to admit you were wrong yā€™know.

Wrong, how is one ā€œwrongā€ about a bit of grammar on an internet forum?

Get over it Mac will ya ffs, youā€™re boring now.

dp

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere but Phil Thompson has said Jose Enrique to Liverpool is a done deal.

Ollie Kay of The Times says no deal done on Jose Enrique, that other clubs are still interested. Would suggest to me that Liverpool need to up their offer.

Have heard Liverpool will do a lot of business this summer, not necessarily high end players, but a large number of players of Enriqueā€™s standard wull come in as Henry is shocked at how threadbare the roster is.

In other news, The New York Times are now the second largest shareholder in Liverpool FC.

What about Jose Enrique thugh?

:unsure: Him tooā€¦

Cunt :stuck_out_tongue:

That NBA star, James, or something, has invested too. Hopefully there will be a nice kitty there come the summer. Iā€™d hope these good academy players coming through donā€™t get squeezed out though. Iā€™d say thereā€™ll be a good clearout of the chaff as well. Jovanavich, Ngog, Aquilani, maybe Joe Cole. Paceco could get the road as well. I always thought heā€™d break through but heā€™s had limited chances. A few more Kuyts and the team is sorted!

LeBron James, heā€™s a very miniscule cut, done for show more than anything else, buts heā€™s a worldwide star and a pciture of him in a Pool shirt or at Anfield will go around the world and thats what heā€™s there for.

Auquilani is doing well for Juventus at the moment. I think he was starting for Italy in the last round of games as well.
Joe Cole has been a huge flop (KIB man was right about him from the start)
Ngog - just not up to it. He has had loads of game time but the goal return is very poor