Liverpool - not 2009/10 but the next season after that

Even though Aquilani said heā€™d be up for a return to Liverpool I have no doubt that heā€™d flop again and he is probably better suited to the Italian league. I just hope Juve cough up a few quid for him. They may as well take what they can get for Joe Cole, just to clear his big wage packet anyway. Whoā€™d have him though. Maybe West Ham if they stay in the league.
Thereā€™s mention of Brad Friedel making a return to Anfield as Reina could be on his way out. Is the world that short of good keepers.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2011/04/13/liverpool-agree-deal-with-fc-porto-boss-andre-villa-boas-as-new-manager-for-next-season/

:blink:

Thats a great signing if true, heā€™s got a serious buzz about him. Surprised all the same not to see Kenny keep the job, but understandable nonetheless.

Havenā€™t seen it mentioned anywhere else so Iā€™d guess itā€™s just an unfounded rumour.

touching, iā€™ll put him with nani, bale etc in my getting it right category

im only waiting for some cunt to dig up my post that united would win nothing this season and were on the verge of a liverpool like collapse. really didnt think ferdinand would come back so well. Hernandez, berbatov, nani and even smalling were key for them this season.

brad friedel is absolutely crap. Lots of ok keepers in the EPL but nothing Id recommend. not gone on neuer or the dutch keeper either. Think westwood would be a good match for Villa but bit more pressure at Anfield. Schwartzer would probably be solid enough.

Someone stupid will go for Joe Cole. Mark Hughes will be fooled I reckon or West Ham maybe.

Liverpool need a centre half above all else. Hangeland definitely for me. He has made the likes of Hughes, Konchesky, Baird look like competent defenders for the last few years. Agger has had too many chances. He should be cut. Skrtle given another year. Carragher as sub. Id think about moving Gerrard wide. need a better passer in midfield next to Lucas. Holden at Bolton has impressed me when Ive seen him. Not sure how Gokhan Inler is doing these days but he impressed me at the World Cup. Would Sneijder fancy a shot at playing in England maybe?

Hasnā€™t the Gerrard out wide thing been tried to death at this stage for club and country? At this stage of his career I canā€™t see them sticking him out wide again. Meireles has improved vastly lately. The two up front leaves Gerrard without his usual position behind the striker but if anything heā€™ll stay central with Meireles playing a wide role and Lucas sitting in behind.
Agger is bollixed again, too many injuries really. They should have cashed in two seasons ago there. I reckon there could be a big summer sale at City this summer with handy players at knock down prices. Wages will be the bother though.

Martin Kelly is a centre half by trade, and more at home thereā€¦ Was only played at right back as cover. With him and young Flanagan coming through iā€™d mark a need for a decent winger and left back as more urgent.

Milner will be available. He is good in the centre of midfield. Not sure who else handy will be available from City. They have a lot of shit players on the way out.

Gerrard got 25 goals or so from the right one season. Liverpool will be very narrow if Gerrard is behind Suarez and Carroll. Johnson and Gerrard could be a good combo on the right.

Neuer has a small bit left to prove but there arenā€™t many whoā€™d rather have Schwarzer.

Caught Offside tends to report speculation as fact. Sometimes they end up being right but thereā€™s an awful lot of rehashed paper talk on there too.

Neuer has the potential to be class, still has a lot to learn, donā€™t like the dutch keeper and westwood will never be a top keeper, too afraid to come off his line.

Isnā€™t Neuer going to Bayern next season? Utd were intersted in him too but he doesnt want to leave Germany. I think he will be a superb keeper, little bit to go yet though.

Ashley Young and Jose Enrique deals agreed according to this.

http://www.sportingo.com/football/a20180_liverpool-agree-deals-two-key-transfer-target

I heard theyā€™re also in for the ā€œnot an Irishmanā€ Conor Wickham Farmer.

Hard to believe anything from that website. Iā€™d welcome both signings though and Adam and Cahill. Wonder how much money there is available. Couldā€™ve got Ashley Young for like 9m (I think?) when he went to Villa. Another example of Benitez not investing in youth.

Why would Young go to a mid table club like Liverpool? He is destined for Man Utd. They need a left winger. Can only see him going to a Champions League team. Chelsea need him badly but Old Trafford is the likely destination.

Liverpool will probably get Nzogbia or McGeady.

Yeah itā€™s a website that anyone can contribute to as far as I know (or used to be anyway). Itā€™s far from a reliable source anyway.

cos midtable is a lot better than a relegation battle

I think you meant marginally there Art.

Villa are 9th mate. 3 spots behind Liverpool. Villa were ahead of the pool last season. Looks like neither side will be in Europe next year either. Much of a muchness to be honest.

Some are tipping Liverpool for a title charge next season. I really dont see it even taking into account the lack of quality in the league.

Suarez should improve next season but I dont particularly rate any of their centre halves, no left back, Johnson might have improved but defensively is still suspect, dont have one centre midfielder capable of playing in a two and their wide players arent quick enough for 442. Their best player Reina wants out just to top it off. Dalglish is playing the media game well, did well to get rid of Torres imo but I just dont think its going to add up for him next season at Liverpool when they are being outnumbered in midfield and Carragher starts hoofing it to Carroll.

Vicky Gomarsall needs a nose job really.