Liverpool - not 2009/10 but the next season after that

It’s United’s league to lose next season, they’re only going to improve. Vidic, Van der Sar, @rioferdy5 (when available) and Hernandez have won them the league on their own. They’ll have even more support next year. It’s depressing.

Strange performance today… No energy at all, they looked like they were just going through the motions at times.

Can’t understand why they didnt start with the same formation as Monday and change it if in trouble. 4-4-2 suited Spurs right down to the ground and totally dominated Spearing and Lucas.

Carroll, and Suarez to a lesser degree, were hardly involved, but in fairness had little service from midfield… Meireles was a big loss today. Kuyt and Maxi, who excelled against Fulham were poor today.

Happy enough not to have Europa football, tho it would have been a good platform to continue schooling some of the youth coming through.

Flanagan, dubious peno aside, had a fine game …

Disappointing to lose your last home game but just about sums up the season. The team has come on some what under Kenny, but lots still to do. Lets hope the young lads can hit the ground running next season and a couple of new additions that compliment Carroll can be found.

Dalglish seemed to have stumbled on a nice formation. Players like Meireles, Maxi, Suarez and Kuyt interchanging positions. However when Carragher sees Andy Carroll he will always want to hoof it. Not sure where you would fit Gerrards ego into the side either. Out wide I’d say but he won’t like that.

I don’t understand this type of logic. ‘Compliment Carroll’ - in other words, players to compliment the big man up front. Football has moved on a lot since then and we are not Everton in the mid 90s. It’s very predictable. Also what if Carroll gets injured, which is liable to happen? How do these players fit into the system then?

Also I don’t think Carroll has done nearly enough yet in his career to justify building the team around him. If you were to do this for anyone, I would look more to Suarez who has scored goals for fun in Holland, competed in the World Cup and has had a far better start to his Liverpool career than Carroll.

What I meant by that, and I should have been more specific, is a wide man. At the moment, and as others have pointed out, it is just being lumped up to him which detracts from the team as a whole. If Carroll is gonna be played, which I imagine will be a lot, he will need decent service from out wide. That is all… A wide man will not hinder the team or have us playing like everton of the 90’s.

It seems England has been awarded an extra place in the Europa league for next season via the Fair play league. This is currently topped by spurs who have already qualified and some git on Sky Sports News seems to think that the Prem League want to award it to 6th place rather than Fulham who are currently second in the fair play league.

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 471978”]
I don’t understand this type of logic. ‘Compliment Carroll’ - in other words, players to compliment the big man up front. [/quote]

Have to agree with Farmer on this one. We all know strikers thrive on confidence but the main criteria in buying new players should be their footballing ability, not how much they pander to the big man.

This is the EPL though Bandage.

Think liverpool need to improve in centre midfield to have any hope of getting a CL place next season. As good a season as Lucas has had, he never will be good enough. Sandro and Modric took Lucas and Spearing to pieces on Sunday, think Scott Parker could be a good addition. A centre half is also badly needed. Carra is not anywhere near as good as he was and Agger is v injury prone. Mexes would have been ideal but has signed for Milan. Obviously a left back is a must, Enrique deal looks lilke its already done.

fuck me, villa are seriously dirty cunts