Liverpool - not 2009/10 but the next season after that

Kev’s been badly shown up here. Badly shown up.

Jaysus, to be fair to Farmer, he couldnt have been farther to the other side of the argument on this matter!

Farmer badly exposed yet again here

Bloody hell. Kev can’t even read a thread properly. And all under the guise of ‘calling out the bluffers’

ya, thats what i meant, Clarkey you fool.*

*[size=“1”]Apologies farmer, read it wrong[/size]

Yes, I am the fool.

No worries Kev.

Hodgson has confirmed Masch wants away.

No harm. Get 25 million for him would be grand.

But it is essential that Hodgson targets central midfielders now. It looks as Gerrard could be moved back there but he could never play in central midfield - doesn’t have the discipline. Aquilani doesn’t look as if he can either - he is more advanced of a midfielder, suited to playing in the hole more so. Same with Cole.

We need at least two of them. Don’t want to be relying on Lucas again.

Torres wants to stay according to Hodgson.

25m for Mascherano would be a decent bit of business, he’s not the irreplaceable presence Alonso was, his shoes could probably be filled for around 15/16m , leaving about 10m for spending elsewhere.

I know it hasn’t worked great in the past but I wouldn’t mind seeing them getting in a mature (30/31) year old proven goal scorer striker for handy money.

What age is Donie Ryan?

Donie’d be too busy with the cows, and without Banger to collect him and drag him to training he probably wouldn’t be bothered.

Just looking again at what Hodgson said, and he did not explicitly say that Torres wanted to stay.

He said that Torres is looking forward to returning to training next Monday and getting to work on the new season.

Lighten up.

20 - Liverpool are unbeaten in their last 20 Premier League games without Javier Mascherano in the side

Lucas can do the job that Mascherano does. I’d take the hand off anyone who’d offer 25m. He brings absolutely nothing to the team going forward

[indent][/indent][quote=“Fran, post: 471171”]
Lucas can do the job that Mascherano does. I’d take the hand off anyone who’d offer 25m. He brings absolutely nothing to the team going forward
[/quote]

Don’t know about that Fran. I think Lucas is utterly rubbish, a player incapable of doing anything to a reasonably high standard - passing, tacking, presence, going forward, scoring goals.

But I agree on Mascherano. He would be no great loss but that area really needs to be addressed. When I see us being linked with a 12 million wide player/attacker (Remy) given the amount of players we have in that position, it strikes me as really strange. Another out and out striker is required though as back up for Torres.

Eh Farmer, you’d want to change your tune on Lucas fairly sharpish.
Almost everyone else also thinks he’s shit.

:smiley: