Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

I would have thought the same but I looked back over my runs when I was doing 3-4 parkruns in a month and I was regularly banging out some ridiculous times (in comparison to now). Running on my own seems to have a big bearing for me as I usually need someone to chase or to stay ahead of. Maybe I need to join the local club here or find a group to fall in with.

1 Like

Well done kid - savage time

Phew. I can park the secret prehab/fueling I had planned for the Velvet Strand sprint on Sunday lunchtime @Juhniallio

2 Likes

Some serious fuck acting going on in the intermediate level.

Up yer bollix @flattythehurdler

19 Likes

If anyone did some structured training and ran one 5k per month, they would see gains. As you said, running a hard 5k once a week is pointless.

2 Likes

Delete that mate

Yeah apologies

3 Likes

You had me worried for a while. I’ll take my 7 second lead into the weekend :grin:

What did I miss?

Oh I’m done mate. I’d one aim. Go ten seconds faster than Wednesday. Made 20 better! I’ll try one hard 5km on road a month going forward. I just don’t like doing them. Running on road has lost a lot of its appeal in last 8 months or so

@Spidey did the right thing and deleted the post so we will all move on.

The cheeky cunt was having a go was he? I’ll sort him in the 10k so I will

I agree. I miss the trails! With kids going back to school I’ll be looking forward to my Monday morning trail runs. A middling 30 mins run at some point during the week and then a longish slowish run on Friday or Saturday.

Oh I’m gonna rip up a few mountains Sunday morning. Working on planning permission to get out on MTB tomorrow morning. I’ve a playhouse to build and the big shop to do but I might get out.

1 Like

:scream:

i doing my S and c work the other days so I’m going to throw an aul 5kminto the mix every once in a while

Im talking about lads running 5k hard every week and wondering why they are not getting quicker.

1 Like

@Bandage, you are running your easy way too hard.

3 Likes

@Bandage you are running your hard way too easy…

4 Likes

It’s just that it’s very tough to hold back when you’re naturally athletic like me.

2 Likes

Honestly, if you slowed down you will enjoy it more. I guarantee you that if you run a hard 5k in a months time you will PB. Twice a week, do 7-8 20sec strides at the end of your 5k easy run.

4 Likes