Lockdown Drinking Thread - obsolete

By God. Curtains closed

1 Like

Agree with that.

Went through a rake of pilsner urquell and bitburger 330s over the summer months.

There is an additonal bonus in that four of them often feels like enough when in fact itā€™s not much more than a couple of pints.

Got this Chianti tonight from Lidl to go with the lasagne. Itā€™s unreal good and less than ā‚¬7

4 Likes

That photo is a wonderful still life study.

3 Likes

I agree with the comments on the 330ml cans, aside from Guinness they are the way to go.

Iā€™ve been making my way through the Brewdog range and find them all quite good.

They had an interesting ā€œrowā€ recently with Aldi when Aldi launched a copy of the Punk IPA and called it Anti-Establishment IPA.

Brewdog responded by launching an Ald IPA in a can using colours from the Aldi logo.

I had a laugh when I saw the Brewdog response to the Aldi copy on sale in Aldi!

1 Like

Iā€™m sure that wasnā€™t at all planned in advance

They had the best name for a non alcoholic beer - Nanny State.

The Punk IPA is their best beer by a distance. The Elvis Juice is not bad for a couple.

2 Likes

Brendan and Nuala have banning alcohol in their sights, the game is over lads

It would do a lot of lads on here no harm to take the pledge.

Have you tried using a glass? I personally couldnā€™t drink out of a can.

Thereā€™s some wrong about pouring a can of Tuborg into a glass. It just doesnā€™t feel right.

Pouring into the jacks would.

Iā€™d drink bottles from a glass and 500ml cans. But the 330 is just the right size to stay in the can and be lovely throughout

Would you ever use a drinking glove to help keep the beer and your hands at the right temperature and help keep the party alive.

:rollseyes:

2 Likes

Very unhygienic to be drinking directly from a can

Weilā€™s disease has a great agent. Everyone knows about it

1 Like

True, you should pour it down the sink.

2 Likes

1 Like

Whatā€™s the verdict?

Not Oā€™Haras best work. The 5 lamps is passable