Lockdown Drinking Thread - obsolete

Itā€™s the company and the craic youā€™d miss, not the pints.
Iā€™d never have a pint again if it meant I had to have it on my own to be honest.
Looking forward to going for a few pints when this shit ends though

Not necessarilyā€¦ Sometimes thereā€™s nothing like being left alone and having two beautiful pints with no one to bother you.

8 Likes

Thatā€™s fair enough, it wouldnā€™t be for me but weā€™re all different. Iā€™m a bit fidgety for that

Not that Iā€™d have done it much mindā€¦ Living in Limerick I did it moreā€¦ Fennesseys is a pub youā€™d easily enjoy your own company in

I miss the pints

2 Likes

A lovely pint in a proper traditional pub with a buzz of chat going on is a thing of joy. If you were ever meeting a few for a few thereā€™s a certain joy about getting in early for one on your own to soak up the atmosphere.

Tommy Tiernan was talking about it recently. One of those moments where youā€™d nearly hand your phone behind the bar and be alone with your own thoughts for half an hour. Or a newspaper to glance through. No disturbances or annoyances. Just pure bliss for half an hour.

8 Likes

Thatā€™s exactly it.

Thereā€™s enough pulling at us in the world as it is not to take in a few moments while,/if you can.

1 Like

Get into that present moment.

Donā€™t be teasing us with the thought of it.

1 Like

An auld Crested chaser beside the pint and all

1 Like

Black Bush here and I see black barrell waiting for me in Tesco at 30e

1 Like

Canā€™t believe I missed this. Time to load up the wheelbarrow

Mrs ccha told me tonight
I will visit tomorrow and fill my boots

Iā€™d say our only interactions on this site for a good 2 years now have revolved around a 47 euro bottle of whiskey when itā€™s on sale for 30 quid. And a horse who well past his sell by date, and us with the blind hope he might land a pot still.

God bless TFK!

plotting episode 4 GIF

Yerra I donā€™t your name and you donā€™t know mine.
What else could I discuss with a wexican?

We need a new horse though

1 Like

Good things come to those who wait

1 Like

Went out with 8k target and barely made 7ā€¦ Donā€™t think I was hydrated at all. Got an awful urge to puke ,5k in and stoppedā€¦crawled 2 more. I did have two large whiskies before bed and an empty stomach this morn bar a little waterā€¦

Iā€™ll try for 10 again Sunday and see if I can beat my first time.

3 Likes

Lolzers, just spotted I posted in drinking threadā€¦ Oh thatā€™s VERY Freudian.

1 Like

6 Likes