Lockdown Drinking Thread - obsolete

Got a 10 box of Hope brewery cans there in McHughs tonight. Itā€™s Hopes birthday and they are having a Zoom tasting event with these beers. Your man asked if I wanted to go on the Zoom and I told him to fuck off for himself in the nicest possible way. Some serious cans in there, a stout thatā€™s 9.9% and a Howth gorse infused Trippel thatā€™s 8.8%.

10 Likes

Wow

Chances of Spot approval tomorrow 2/10.

7 Likes

He doesnā€™t drink them himself. He gives most of them away to friends.

1 Like

@flattythehurdler better not give me any shite tomorrow

1 Like

Thatā€™s a smashing off licence. Surely one of the best in Dublin.

1 Like

8 500ml cans of Guinness for 8ā‚¬ In Tescos if you have a club card.

3 Likes

You can get the real stuff again. They can pour that muck down the drain

2 Likes

Great value, got 4 for 8 last night.

Iā€™m piling on the pounds during lockdown. I either need to give up or change beers.
Iā€™ve been drinking mostly weissbier lately, which is lovely butā€¦
Is there any lite beers out there that taste reasonably good*.

*Perhaps if they tasted bad I might be less inclined to take one out of the fridge.

Rock shore light is 80 calories.

Would you try a hard seltzer ?

1 Like

Hard seltzerā€™s are muck. At least the one I drank was. Wouldnā€™t touch another one. Youā€™d be better off not drinking.

1 Like

Unless you want to get drunk but lose the junk in your trunk.

Thanks , but I wouldnā€™tā€¦

Whiskey

Hangovers just got too bad.

How much of it were you drinking?

It got to the stage that if I had two home measures, probably 3-4 pub measures, Iā€™d be seriously sick the following day. I could drink it no problem before, donā€™t know what changed.

I was blaming the cheapness of the usual contenders on the whisky thread here before. I had a bottle of Black Barrel at Christmas. I found I could drink that no problem.

1 Like

Bring them on.

1 Like

Had a Veltins and a Bitburger tonight.

Now trying Manislav, a ā€˜Czech styleā€™ lager. Grand pilsner, 1.49 for 500ml bottle brewed in a business park in Dundalk.