Lockdown Drinking Thread - obsolete

Ordered this from siyps.com. 27 euro. I had the more expensive sibling Vina Tondonia a few weeks ago. This is as nice

3 Likes

Would you believe that I got three bottles of wine in Aldi tonight for a cumulative cost of a fiver less than you paid for that one bottle and they’ll be every bit as nice.

1 Like

The whiskey one farm cuvée lads lashing out is fascinating to watch.

2 Likes

Not at all. I’m just calling it like it is. Aldi has some great wines at the moment. So does Lidl.

In fairness it does have good wines. I buy wines there too. The specially selected ones are particularly good. The Freeman’s Bay range were all super. Especially the Syrah

They have an excellent Austrian Zweigelt at the minute, a Beaujolais for a ridiculous 6.99 and a Picpoul de Pinet for 6.99 all of which I’d drink off of a sore foot. Lidl has a smashing Gruner Veltliner for 7.99 which is probably the best value wine in the country at the minute.

1 Like

I picked up a nice Gewurztraminer in Lidl during the week

1 Like

I wouldn’t

1 Like

Portuguese. 19 euro. From soups.com. (Siyps.com but the auto correct is better) Foot trodden. Nice but not as nice as the 28 euro Rioja.

Seen as yere all at the wine tonight,. I’ve no idea if this is considered good or cheap shit but I like it so fuck ye.

It’s got a plastic bull - of course it’s good

4 Likes

Don’t worry about it mate. Nobody can tell the difference between cheap wine and expensive wine in taste tests

3 Likes

It’s only the insecure lads buy the expensive stuff.

I’m not kid. Twas a tenner in Supervalu

Lads pretending not to be alcoholics

1 Like

5 Likes

I dont pretend. I love the fucking stuff.

11 Likes

My youngster has that car.

Are you back on the good stuff @iron_mike