Lockdown Drinking Thread - obsolete

The father laid it 15 years ago I’d say.

He also laid every single block in the house.

3 Likes

That proves the adage buy the good thing the first day. It’s a great floor for it’s age.

2 Likes

2003 it was put down.

He put the floor down with our neighbour.

A cousin of his did the ceiling. A fucking artist of a carpenter. Did all the presses here in 1985 and they’re still immaculate. He kind of quit carpentry by the time he was 50. His wife had a great job and he just wanted to tip away with a bit of farming (a bit of an oddball)

5 Likes

Superb. Hard to beat a good tradesman. I’ve been in plenty of those Celtic Tiger homes, many of my children and relations and some of the joinery work in particular is horrendous.

Everything done in this house was done by neighbours/family. My father did all block work. Uncle did all plumbing. Not sure who did electrics actually but when we built the extension that was my cousin. Fathers cousin did carpentry. Next door neighbour did roof. All top notch tradesmen. A lot of work was done in exchange for work done elsewhere (my father was building from 14-19 and was still handy to lay blocks into his 60s. His one problem is that he’s a perfectionist. It’s done right or there’s no point).

7 Likes

What’s that like?

I’ve had worse. Not bad at all.

I got a few bottles of staraparomen, but it’s gone boring predictable. Looking for a new tipple

Had a few cans of Guinness watching the match. Had Indian takeaway earlier. I’ll be kicked out of the bed later

What’s the spare bed like? If its comfortable and auld Dutch oven could seal the deal

I had a few pints of Guinness in mcgamns of doolin this evening. They were wonderful. :pint: :pint: :pint:

God I miss regular quality pints

Worth a try.

Having a couple myself. It’s not as good as Pilsner Urquell or Zlaty Bazant. Bit watered down.

It’s perfectly bland kind of

1 Like

Is that Zlaty thing exported?

Probably is. It’s my favourite of them. @ciarancareyshurlingarmy might have seen it an odd time around town.

You can get it in super valu sometimes.

Thanks

Im gone off the staropramen myself. Although it’s a different drink altogether on draft in Prague

1 Like