Lockdown Enlightenment

It’s a tough time if you’re going through the mundane, or if young, if single etc.

I can only urge lads to get lost in something positive … free courses and/or reading.

Here’s some deeper rabbit holes for you to get lost down to try understand, life and existence in general.

Start with Joseph Campbell - his Power of Mythology documentary explores the myths and stories cultures use to explain life’s journey. Here’s some examples but there’s plenty more online…

There’s loads of psychology type gurus out there, but Berne Brown talks about two very real issues for lots of people, albeit on different scales… Vulnerability and Shame

Alan Watts is probably too enlightened for the average person to fully relate to but even listening to the softness of his message is liberating… Here he talks about Attachment.

And for a bit of good old fashioned I’m gonna run through a brick wall type motivation, I love Arnie’s story…

I love you all.
cc @endakenny @Heyyoubehindthebushes

11 Likes

The Dude Provides :clap:

Have you tried sticking your thumb up your arse?

1 Like

Campbell (who was influenced by Jung) very much influenced George Lucas

Campbell’s theories, which you rightly attribute to Jung, are fascinating… His knowledge of other cultures and history which he weaves together with psychology is powerful listening.

I enjoyed the irony of such an enlightened fella writing that most of us wouldnt understand proper enlightenment directly under a video about shame…

Someone throw up the chess picture.

1 Like

I’m sorry the post stirred something negative in you. I included myself in the category of not fully relating to Watts. I meant that the average person could never attain such levels of enlightenment, not a negative on your, or anyone’s, intelligence.

I love you bro. Your energy, your noble intentions and empathy for others and your ability to be a dirty bastard when required. Mrs Brady is a lucky lady. As is your dog, also called Brady…

1 Like

I was listening to Watts only yesterday.

For someone who was such an advocate of quieting the mind, he didn’t half talk a lot.

1 Like

A quick peep in out of curiosity.

Signing out.

6 Likes

Udemy is decent for courses.

1 Like

It’s very good - Coursera has some good stuff too.

Hope your OK @Thomas_Brady
Seems like you are having some kind of breakdown

7 Likes

I’ve never seen him this bad. Massive Stockholm Syndrome case

I’m doing pretty good, thanks. I appreciate your concern pal.

There’s lads on here who haven’t stopped moaning since last March, dressing it up like they are concerned for the economy or mental health of others, but really they’re just being selfish for the most part. A few others are just not coping…I wish them well and hope they find something that gives them some joy over the coming months.

2 Likes

Do you think there is a correlation between not being surrounded by pubes and fanny wax everyday and your new found sense of enlightenment.

George, a chara… I’m not enlightened, not in the slightest. I have good days and bad days like everyone else. I’m just making the best I can of the situation… There’s lads here posting 50 posts a day for the last 10 months repeating the same thing over and over… I’m merely suggesting they could spend that time in a more positive way. We are where we are and we’ll be out of it when we’re out of it.

3 Likes

Wherever you go, that’s where you are.

1 Like

In a nutshell…

This too shall pass.

One of the best sentences in the English language.

4 Likes