LOI 22/22

Fine win for St Pats night over Sligo
Great to be back at a match, hopefully the numbers allowed at games will increase soon

I’d forgotten that some supporters love to spend 90 mins screaming abuse at officials, players etc
You’d want some thick skin to be an assistant ref in the LOI

4 Likes

(1) Irish Football Blog #ReturnToStadia on Twitter: “Finally highlights! A dominant win from the Champions :green_circle::white_circle::green_circle::white_circle: https://t.co/5P2ij08khz” / Twitter

@flattythehurdler - gaffney took his goal well

2 Likes

Set up the last one nicely too

1 Like

Well they had a title-winning team but spent beyond their means.

Tommy is doing an unbelievable job with an amateur side.

1 Like

I can’t get my head around why a few millionaires around Cork won’t get together and make a right go of it.

If they got going right, they’d fill Pairc Ui Chaoimh on a Champions League night.

A big Monday night

Bohs -v- The Tallaght Hoops

Pats chance to make up ground at home to Harps

Sligo against Derry

1 Like

only a philanthropist would get involved with a LOI club
The Arkaga example from Cork in 2008 is a reason why anyone and i mean anyone would need their absolute head examined to invest in a LOI club.
Like Hulsizer in Dundalk they ploughed millions into cork city as they genuinly wanted to use the club as a business to be successful but the ROI on the investment simply isnt there.
They probably had to win the 2007 /2008 LOIs really and rely on the money from champions league qualification to survive…Its the only way… i think Arkaga put in 2.5 million - by 2008 december cork were 750k in debt, think that 800k is what you get for playing in the first qualifying round of the CL…
They threw money at it, tried to match and better Shels and Drogheda for wages but it was a huge risk. the domestic TV, advertising and prize money is pittance… they lost everything they invested…they left and were seen as hate figures which is utter bollux… now they probably could have employed a decent chief executive to manage the club… that was a key miss…
also , in LOI all your key assets ( players) are only on 12 month deals so they all leave on frees…Steve coppell took Kevin doyle and shane long for nothing ( ok pre arkaga)…but of the the 2005 winning side- george, JOF, Danny Murphy left for nothing to the likes of ipswich, exeter maybe and motherwell… then they were left paying denis behan 2k a goal… shur what are ya at

1 Like

I don’t think Dundalk threw half enough money at it. Those American bluffers seemed mad to cut corners left, right and centre.

With a proper CEO, manager and enough money Champions League Group stages should be very doable in 3-5 years for a club like Cork.

ah look, hulsizer did throw in 3 million i think… granted he is a half wit
you really need a decent CEO running the place if you are investing in a thing, a local fella who works in a credit union isnt good enough really

3 million is nothing in the grand scheme. 10 million would be a start.

why loose 3 when you can loose 10?

1 Like

You may as well be hung for a sheep as for a lamb

Only 100 fans allowed in - thats Bohs season ticket holders sorted

St Pats top of the league.
Lovely stuff.
Concern is that West Han loanee Alfie Lewis , or the Cockney Pirlo, as some wags (not thise type) on the terrace have dubbed him is due to return to West Ham at end of month

Ollie Horgan have a masteclsss in “losing your shit” on the touchline

Is he any good Ralphie?

He’s good alright
Comfortably Pats best player last 2games
Just realised West Ham have released him so will the bright lights of Inchicore be enough to keep Alfie lad with Pats or will he return to England?

Stockport county

Stokesy to the Shams?

Oh Stokesy. What could have been