LOI 22/22

These bloody animals doing this to a decent man
( Ollie spotted my son in Galway 2 weeks or less ago wearing a CCFC retro top, stopped and had a 30 minute chat ref LOI -decent man)

1 Like

the league of Ireland looks like it has the fucking dregs following it with these latest videos

2 Likes

Some only thankfully

Awful fuckers with their fake English accent chants, and chucking coins on the pitch.

1 Like

what’s their problem with mandroiu’s girlfriend?

she is an influencer, they have a misogynistic view on how women should behave

1 Like

Basically, they couldn’t get anywhere near her or the likes of her. Off home to some oul harridan themselves.

3 Likes

Thats about it. Sad individuals.

2 Likes

yeah …christ above
soccer has some magnet for the absolute lowest common denominationr. Your average Irish EPL head only gets the sky sports sanitised neville and carragher version so they assume its only the LOI that sees “scumbags” so they can retreat to the footballing soap opera that is the EPL bought to them via sky…" justice for the 96 etc"…

How are things now say on the Rochdale or Salford away ends?..Id say it’s tough enough going at times…would you head to many games now?

I must say I’d love in my younger days to have been into it, you see lads there from Bradford hopping on a0900 Saturday train to Leyton orient,loads of booze, newspapers,grub and what not…id say its some buzz heading off every second Saturday… fast track to a divorce now tho

3 Likes

Tell you the truth, the atmosphere of anger, violence and thuggery is far worse at an epl game than at Rochdale or Salford, which are far more family friendly. May just be the numbers, but I actually think it’s that they remain rooted in their communities, and not a magnet for any Joey pipefitter who gets the feeling that being in a herd removes them a degree from normal behaviour and personal responsibility.
At places like Salford, Rochdale, Wrexham even, you’d give the kids money to go for tea and sweets. At an epl game, no chance.
I went to see notts forest in the championship a few times, and it was lairy, but I was with my lad, and the family stand was right next to the away supporters.

3 Likes

thats good to hear.
The EPL strikes me as something utterly disgusting and yes obviously there is no sense of community or club amongst the fans… it is interesting to hear it is a haven for louts who I thought would be priced out of but as we know these people just want to attach themselves to some form of mob as they don’t have any identity of their own and the values of community are alien to them…id imagine a few of these folk gravitate to a LOI ground as well for similar reasons but you’ll have multiples more donning a red shirt and roaring EPL speak in a pub on a November Sunday afternoon.

how in God’s holy name can an Irish person support an EPL team…it is beyond my comprehension

2 Likes

Sky have done a fantastic PR wash of the EPL.
I think a love of the EPL clubs (well traditional English club football) is given to kids by their da, and is just the way it is. It leaves me cold tbh.
Many EPL clubs (manyoo in particular it seems to me) have just forgotten their traditional fan bases, many of whom are indeed priced out, but it’s about £600 for a season ticket I think, and if it’s your main social outlet, most can scrape it together I spose. Families though, not much. You don’t see many kids at manyoo.

lads from Oldham or Rochdale that choose their local team over Utd & City are brilliant

Do you attend many Malahide United games yourself mate?

yes

1 Like

I’d say they’re normal. Always struck me as odd that you’d travel 90 minutes in bad traffic each way when there’s a good club nearby, but sky have imbued the EPL with a glamour. It’s a veneer though. I’ve never been at an epl game that I wasn’t bored rigid at.

2 Likes

V small but vocal minority, we ( pre Covid)travel the country no hassle in general

1 Like

Still no apology. Shocking

did you see Lamberts response, what a fud

Poor stuff from the self styled peoples club

1 Like