LOI premier division thread 2024

Hero to zero. Bit hasty @Ralphie ? Not as if too far off the pace.

https://twitter.com/LeagueofIreland/status/1787802390474699224?t=f5JjE1fZJZHbsmNf3fw60Q&s=19

This season was a struggle
Would have given him a bit longer, but scoring very few goals

Spock a regular attendee at the Estadio de Luz….

1 Like

Keating hasn’t clicked its fair to say.
Keeper situation a bit of a shit show too, but not as if they are readily available in this league

Ive started a drop pohls , play leitis campaign

1 Like

If I was any club in the ROI I would be going up to get Larne’s manager. Champions for the second season in a row is some going for a club with no history and up against Linfield who basically run the league to suit themselves.

Not sure if he had a bit of money behind him or what, but its a great acheivement

Think he has bought success tbh

They have a rich owner

1 Like

Statement - Dundalk FC

An Independent Disciplinary Committee of the FAI has sanctioned Dundalk FC player George Shelvey relating to abuse towards a Match Official following Dundalk FC’s game versus Drogheda United FC on 5 May 2024 which was in breach of the FAI regulations on Racism/Discrimination.

The FAI and League of Ireland maintains a strict zero tolerance approach towards any act of Racism/Discrimination and are committed to ensuring that League of Ireland matches remain a safe and welcoming environment for everyone.

In accordance with FIFA Regulations and the FAI Disciplinary Regulations, George Shelvey will serve a ten-match suspension.

Please note the decision of the Independent Disciplinary Committee may be appealed.

Ex Forest player too. Don’t think he ever actually played a senior game for them.

What did he call the ref? All the headlines are calling him an ‘English player’ so I’m assuming he called him a spudmuncher or something like that

“The FAI’s disciplinary committee have thrown the book at Dundalk goalkeeper George Shelvey after deeming his slur of “Irish c***” at referee Rob Harvey on Monday worthy of a 10-match ban.”

Hate to see that. 30 point deduction only fair imo.

That would go halfway into next season to be fair

Surely he’ll be ran out of “The Town” ?

KOH

1 Like

Signing in for the Connacht Derby
Big crowd gathering

1 Like

There’ll be hardly many goals to enjoy, judging by galway record so far.

Galway’s defensive record remains the same. The meanest in the league. By far the dominant team all night. Sligo hardly tried a leg happy with the point. GUFC unlucky not to score. I thought not to get at least 1 pen. There was a blatant hand ball in 2nd half and Hickey got decapitated. Linesman blind.

1 Like

Sligo came to park the bus. They knew that trying to score against us is a pointless exercise.

1 Like

New keeper required @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy ?

1 Like