LOI season 2017

im on the phone to Foynes now to the FAI on this
cant remeber what happened to Monaghan with Roddy that time when they folded mid season
ah bray wont fold, they’ll just play the u-19 side to fulfill fixtures, they’ve a very good youths set up there
they should have taken the 100k for dylan connolly from dundalk in december instead of giving him away for peanuts last weekend

in other news Kieran Sadlier is signing for cork

1 Like

All Monaghan’s results were wiped when they went under, ditto Dublin City. Neither of those two had gone as far into the season as Bray had, so I reckon Bray will limp on until the end. If their results are expunged, the table will look like this, Sligo Rovers beating Shamrock yesterday is not included…

Shamrock Rovers game against that Icelandic mob is being televised by Eir on Thursday at 8 o’clock.

Interview with the Bray chairman on RTÉ, seems more like a post mortem than any hope being there of survival. It would be a pity for them to go, it’s a very nice location for stadium. Why is Wicklow sport so shamefully bad?

Wicklow won us Olympic gold .

Spent most of his life in Dublin 4, it’s a miracle for him that he got out.

1 Like

I’m assuming he’s talking about Ronnie Delaney, he moved to Sandymount when he was 6.

That’s two (at least) gold medals for Wicklow so :clap:

FC Levadia resorting to desperate measures to try and overturn their deficit to Cork tonight if the last line is anything to go by…

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DD_g2IRXgAAcMWk.jpg

in other news
i see simon grayson is gone from PNE
im not sure if Alex Neill jas the same love for LOI players as Grayson, O’Connor and Maguire have now just signed from Cork joining the Dk duo
whilst there is no doubt it is a club steeped in all things Irish ( the alan kelly stand, etc) this managerial appointment leaves me a little nervous on their future
Preston’s pre season should be followed closely to track Horgan and Boyle;s progress
I have a feeling Horgan just wont make it, after a good enough beginning he was substituted at HT towards the end of season at 2-0 down, that’s just a bad sign
Boyle will be ok, will make a good journeyman defender
Brighton are still holding Towell also, id have thought he’d be off out on loan to the likes of Wigan by now

It looks like the crisis is over in Bray mate.

City in trouble. 1-0 down and being over run

Pats signed Killian Brennan and Owen Garvan, boosts their midfield, you’d imagine they’ll be okay.

City have stromed back and lead 2-1 tonight

1 Like

They were down 2-1 and got it back to 2 all
Now 4- 2 on agg

2 Likes

Oh really. Said on my google feed they went 2-1.

Anyway, they are thru. Thats another 4 lads paid for the year

3 Likes

Hopefully they can get another handy draw. Was a load of people in city jerseys around town this evening great to see it

Another hat trick for Maguire I see

city play AEK Larnaca next round

1 Like

That lad is a joke. He should at least have a Shane Long of a career if not better. Has a better brain and agility if not the speed. Question is, is his finishing able to move up the levels.

1 Like

Nah they are fucked with the draw. That Cypriot aide are full of ex La Liga players and Spanish 21’s and all sorts. New manager cane in this year and brought 12 spanish with him

1 Like