LOI season 2017

Tell him to stay away from Bastien Hery and Ogbene!!

1 Like

yer man Fuad Sule is going to Barnet in january allegedly
he’s a good player that lad, yer man Akinade as well
bohs finished with a really decent side this season

Is it a step up to join Barnet? The problem with the league here is we cannot keep players with potential. They go to England second, third and fourth tier. The FAInare a joke letting this happen with the paltry money they give the clubs.

its the barstoolers not the FAI to blame you madman

1 Like

its not a step up in terms of quality of football at all BUT in terms of salary and playing in front of bigger crowds the gulf is enormous, if he does well there he could carve out a career in league 1 or 2 earning a wage until he is in mid 30s…
all clubs can give him or any player here is a 44 or 52 week contract at the absolute most except rare cases like say at dundalk where they can pay 2 year contracts because they think well hope they will be finacially ok for the next 2 seasons

Sadlier on the bench for Cork, McCormack starts at the base of midfield.

McGrath over Connolly for Dundalk.

McNulty getting roundly booed. I’d fancy Dundalk on recent form.

Cork are the better team so far. Dundalk do look like they have a threat in the final third when they do work the ball forward though.

Best chance of the game there, Duffy looks to be the main threat. Always unlikely to score from there but players lurking around the 6-yard box, McMillan just wide.

Ffs.

Fellas like you go on about snoflakes and then ye carty on the exact same way.

Having rivals is good.
Not being liked is healthy.

1 Like

There’s been a touch of the camogie final style commentary and punditry about this so far on RTE.

Routine saves being lauded, standard being exaggerated and so on.

I possibly dislike Alan Cawley more than Richie Sadlier. He used to do this “Aviva Live” thing pitchside before Ireland qualifiers, with his views boomed over the PA system as the players were warming up. He’d often have a dig at the team selection and single out individual players as they were literally being forced fed the shite he was talking. I recall him ridiculing the decision to start Murphy over Long ahead of one particular game. It was dispensed with after a while anyway but it didn’t sit right with me and I marked him down as a cunt.

He’d just won the league, no need for him or anyone else to be goading the opposition. Go and get pissed in peace, don’t give it the big 'un in a pub for the world to see.

It was the antics of a cunt.

In case any forumites aren’t aware but this poster who is critical of rte lauding some saves here is the same poster that was ooozing about Hamish mcsporrans goalkeeping antics for partick thistle vs Hamilton accies

1 Like

He was the pub you fuckwit.

Have you ever won anything? Against a rival?

I wrote a sing in the way home from beating a Aidan dorgan and Tim Kenny string grenagh team in a Junior B final and sang it in the pub. It was great craic.

We slagged the shit out out of the 2 lads in particular. We despised losing to grenagh. But i actually liked the 2 lads.

Get over yourself

1 Like

There’s a way to conduct yourself, win or lose.

Dundalk have been champions for three years in a row, can’t remember any of their players acting like that in recent years. It’s about showing a bit of dignity and graciousness. Roaring and shouting in the pub like a yob.

Two years in a row McNulty has acted a complete prick, there is no defending his actions.

Robbie Benson is a smashing player

Vemmelund has really grown into this game. Dominating now.

Keepers getting a ridiculous amount of protection today.

The two Derry boys for Dundalk are very good.

Duffy’s class

He’s usually a bit of a liability but fair play to Rogers he’s been good today