Blarney United v Derry City,
Shelbourne v Athlone Town, That’ll do.
Newmarket Celtic v Cabinteely,
Cockhill Celtic v Limerick,
Dundalk v Cobh Ramblers, Nightmare for @mickee321
Bray Wanderers v Finn Harps
Skerries Town v Waterford,
Sligo Rovers v Longford Town,
Maynooth University Town v Leeds, Who the fuck are Leeds?
North End United v Galway United,
Home Farm v Cork City,
Wexford v Bohemians,
Inchicore Athletic v St Patrick’s Athletic, huge Derby!
Dublin Bus v CIE Ranch. biggest Derby in Ireland, potential for trouble will be huge.

ah FFS we have them in the EA sports semi final as well august monday
inchicore/pats will be some collection of misfortunes under one roof, fucking hell
Leeds are very decent underage club in Cork city- played them all the way up,

Another trip up to Buncrana ffs.

:information_source:

Where did they get the name from?

Northside club in cork city, I think they were formed in the late 70’s early 80’s

I wonder which team will try and park the bus

1 Like

Huge match in Inchicore.
Flares and smoke bombs galore.

Great stuff denying cark tonight

1 Like

How good is Bazuna?

Best Irish keeper ever

2 Likes

Seen the penalty save there on twitter. Great stop. He’s only 16!

1 Like

Hopefully the two points that deny Caulfiend the title.

2 Likes

good result for Rovers that
v difficult game now against AIK Solna on Thursday night, hope he sticks with the young man in goal
since we’ve been rid of Horgan and Tomer and Bradley is actually sticking with a settled keeper and defense is huge- Joey O Brien was a great signing really
im assuming Gilchrist is going back to scotland- jesus that was a disaster of a signing altogther

1 Like

Mannus on the bench- there are now 4 keepers on the books, the lad starting isnt been paid and the 4th choice is one of the best paid players in the league

FAO @Bandage @Rocko and other forum scots
Motherwell are over in Carton House if ye want a sneak peak
Celtic are also playing Rovers u-19s* later i think in Tallaght, tickets outstanding value at 30 quid

*that and the 17s as far as im aware with a few trialists

2 Likes

Great stuff from Kenny here.

Dundalk manager Stephen Kenny has described John Caulfield’s comments about the signing of Georgie Kelly as “completely dishonest”, while also accusing Stephen Bradley of “bravado and playing to the gallery.”

In a busy week of transfer dealings as the window opened, Caulfield offered his take on Monday about the signing of Kelly from UCD and Patrick McEleney from Oldham Athletic, saying Cork could not compete with those deals.

The Cork boss said it was not possible for the league champions.

Caulfield said: “No, because the financial packages were huge. UCD got a serious transfer fee, because Georgie Kelly was a professional I believe. Patrick McEleney got a serious package because he was on big money in Oldham, and we believe some money changed hands. We’re not in that market.”

But Kenny fired back after last night’s win over St Patrick’s Athletic.

He told DundalkSport.ie: "John Caulfield put a statement out that we paid a massive fee for Georgie Kelly which is being completely dishonest and untrue.

"We didn’t pay any fee for Georgie. He’s a young player who has come in on a modest League of Ireland wage and wants to play here. We were going to take him at the start of the year but he had a duty to UCD to finish his scholarship and didn’t feel he could leave until the summer.

“He had his own personal agreement that he could leave on a free because of that and to try and put pressure on the lad like that is unnecessary and very disappointing. They’ve signed a ‘Premiership player’ (Damien Delaney) and we’ve signed a player from the First Division.”

Bradley, meanwhile, questioned whether Dundalk paying a five-figure sum for McEleney was wise given he left the club as a free agent just months before.

The Hoops boss felt it would reflect poorly on the league as clubs watch on from England.

Kenny snapped back last night: "I didn’t understand Stephen Bradley’s argument.

Shamrock Rovers sent a delegation to Oldham to sign Patrick and agreed a fee. Obviously, we had a dilemma. We wanted Patrick and Patrick only wanted to come here. He didn’t want to go to Shamrock Rovers. The dilemma was to let him go or sign him.

"What people forget is that Patrick helped us earn over €7 million.

"He was very influential in doing that. For us, it was without doubt great business. He is one of the most exciting players we have seen in the league in modern times. He is worth the admission money.

“His (Bradley’s) criticism didn’t make sense to me at all. It’s just a bit of bravado and playing to the gallery. I felt he wanted to criticise Dundalk to keep people happy.”

The Lilywhites manager, meanwhile, said that being 1-0 down to Pat’s on Friday night was a “real test” for his players and they responded to one of the most difficult games they have had this season by coming out with a 3-1 victory.

He also praised Patrick Hoban as the striker grabbed his 20th and 21st goals of a prolific Premier Division season so far.

Kenny told RTÉ Sport: "I can’t praise their character enough and the manner they came back. We didn’t commit enough players forward quickly enough in the first half. We did it in the second half. We had to defend well and we broke and got the third goal which was terrific.

“Patrick Hoban is showing immense leadership qualities, character and his goals are only one part of his story. He leads the line technically brilliantly. You want him in your corner, he is the man you want in your corner. You trust that he will deliver for you.”

Caulfield really is a cunt ,
Whilst Bradley is a bit thick no doubt (playing to the gallary is him all out but he is very young and i can see very positive changes in his behaviour over the last 2 seasons) id imagine hes a decent enough old skin

1 Like

As you say Bradley is a bit naive, the way he has handled the goalkeeping situation shows him up as a bit of a dope especially, but there’s no real malice there in his words or antics. Just a bit thick and too fond of giving interviews.

Caulfield, though, is a little mouthy prick who just seeks to provoke, irritate and annoy. Gets involved in stuff that has nothing to do with him. Well done Stephen Kenny on calling him out there.

Spock is a cunt

Bray beat Sligo 2-1 today in front of an attendance of 271. Bray haven’t trained all week supposedly.

https://twitter.com/DanGorman_/status/1016011858988462080

https://twitter.com/aislingcasey3/status/1016015327375839233