London Hotspots

Heading to London next weekend for 3 nights.

Been to London many times but always been with a weekend of drinking in mind.

This time its good food and culture I am after.

What should I add to this listā€¦ Thursday night is taken up with Marina and the Diamonds at the HMV forum.

National Art Gallery
West End Show
Afternoon tea at the Dorchester
Charles Dickens Museum
Evening meal at the Ledbury
Piss up in Richmond with Irish Cousins

Imperial War museum is well worth a visit. Hard to persuade the missus to go there though.

The British Museum. Absolutely amazing array of historical artefacts from around the world. Admittedly many of them stolen which they seem to be refusing to return which pisses me off but still amazing to see them all in one place.

Thanks mateā€¦ Yeah, I might have to trade a few hours in Westfield shopping centre if I choose to go hereā€¦ http://cp12-eu.stablehost.com/~thefreek/board/public/style_emoticons/default/smiley-stroking-chin.gif

Read somewhere this week that there are more Egyptian artifacts in there than there are in the whole of Egypt. They were some shower of rascals back in the day buddy.

Yup. And Egypt want their shit back and theyā€™re delaying and essentially refusing! Same with Greece, they want their shit back too. They chiselled marbel friezes of the front of the Parthenon and wonā€™t give them back either!

Absolutely amazing exhibits but makes my blood boil when I think of where they should be!

This place sounds essential to my trip. Thanks mate.

Absolutely essential, donā€™t miss it. Free too. London eye might be nice one to do with the missus, book in advance though.

If you go to the British Museum, which is excellent, Iā€™d recommend a post-museum pint in the Princess Louise pub. Itā€™s about 10 mins walk away near Holborn tube but is a top top class old school victorian style boozer.

Good shout thatā€™s a really top bar.

It is. Some cracking ales in there as well.

A ruby murray in the Lahore Kebab House at the bottom of Brick Lane has to be had.

Shoreditch is decent to go out in and try and hit one of the Breakfast Clubs for breakfast/brunch the following day. Expect to queue though if youā€™re not there early,

Thanks lads, some great suggestions here.

Booked a nighttime tour of London there now aswell. Blood Brothers booked in the west end and a table booked at Gordon Ramseys Maze.

London never disappoints.

I enjoyed the London Transport Museum in Covent Garden when I went there a few years ago. Ā£13.50 in is a bit steep, mind. Then again I love anything to do with trains and especially the Tube, others might find it boring.

London on Saturday night ladsā€¦ where to go? Will be drinking in Soho district on Saturday afternoon but no plan for the nighttime yet.

Whats the Quays bar in Holloway road like? Muldoonville? it was recommended through an untested resource.

Its a stag by the way.

[QUOTE=ā€œKinvaraā€™s Passion, post: 950967, member: 686ā€]London on Saturday night ladsā€¦ where to go? Will be drinking in Soho district on Saturday afternoon but no plan for the nighttime yet.

Whats the Quays bar in Holloway road like? Muldoonville? it was recommended through an untested resource.

Its a stag by the way.[/QUOTE]

Muldoonville is appropriate.

Ideal for a stag so, carry on.

Depends on the social grouping . No way Iā€™d bring a stag there. Imo any of shoreditch/hoxton/old street, the Angel or Camden would be better. Iā€™ve been out in soho a lot mostly suited to foodies and after work drinks.

@KinvarasPassion

1 Like