Long Live the king

Box office stuff

The pageantry of this will be off the chain. It’ll be an attempt to clamber back the love of their subjects.

And then they’ll realise they have Queen Camilla and all will be lost.

1 Like

I imagine there will be shutdown in the UK for the guts of a fortnight. Premier League fixtures postponed, etc.

Wonder will they try it to coincide it with the international break. Maybe an option.

10 days.

I’m over in London next week. I’ll pay my respects on behalf of the forum.

1 Like

The official advice, as it was last time, will be that business should continue as usual. This won’t necessarily happen. If the Queen dies during Royal Ascot, the meet will be scrapped. The Marylebone Cricket Club is said to hold insurance for a similar outcome if she passes away during a home test match at Lord’s. After the death of George VI in 1952, rugby and hockey fixtures were called off, while football matches went ahead. Fans sang Abide With Me and the national anthem before kick off. The National Theatre will close if the news breaks before 4pm, and stay open if not. All games, including golf, will be banned in the Royal Parks.

The writing was on the wall after The Queens non appearance at Royal Ascot this year. The health of Her Majesty was the big elephant in the room at every dinner party and Ball as no one wanted to confront the realization that this icon of our time was indeed human just like the rest of us and that such a day as this day could indeed be on the horizon sooner rather than later. The cost of living crisis pales into insignificance compared to this

1 Like
3 Likes

Twill be like the death of one of the North Korean Kims. They’ll lose their shit.

Can anyone dig up the headline from one of the UK rag-tops whereby Crystal Palace V Man City (1970) were involved in a bit of argy bargy. Gerry Queen who got a few England caps in that era may or may not have been involved but the headline next day was iconic….

Queen in brawl at Palace………

1 Like

This thread :roll_eyes:… Like a bunch of trained seals.

3 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

Have they played Sabres of Paradise yet? I’m in Portlaoise Plaza but had BBC 6 on when in the car. Think all stations play them when the time comes?

I’m sitting in London right now. Just back from a coffee in a lovely park off Russell Sq. As Kay Burley would say “there is sadness in their eyes” everywhere

3 Likes

Dont take it all to heart, some of them might be sad at the Queen dying.

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:

Thank the Lord for Netflix.