Long Live the king

England will have to go and win the World Cup now to lift the mood of the nation.

Racing at Southwell and Chelmsford has been abandoned

She was a great head of state.
I think she put a fair bit of glue on the UK, and a plaster over the running sore that is the Windsor family.
I suspect she was a decent human being and an intelligent person , especially given her frankly bizarre upbringing and life. I suspect she didn’t much like humanity, or certainly found most folk odd.
End of commonwealth, loosening of UK.
The Brits are about to find out what a small and powerless nation they are.

11 Likes

Really? I do

It’ll never, ever get better for him than this.

3 Likes

The Queen Mum must be turning in her grave.

@Rocko could you see it that there is no posting on the forum allowed between 11am and 2pm tomorrow as a mark of respect to the late HM Queen Elizabeth II.

4 Likes

Vincent Browne was a great fan of the Queen if I remember correctly, and I do. He was frequently quite gushing in his admiration of her.

Vincent was a good judge of character.

The Funeral will be a just rewards for Mehole after missing out on the Paddys day sesh in DC. I wonder will the Russians get an invite

Was wondering the same about the Russians. There are probably ancient family ties to the Tsars.

Is the epl off this weekend so?

NFL is back so no one will even notice if it is called off.

1 Like

Lord Bruton on Radio 1

Reply to myself, King George v and Tsar Nicholas II were cousins.

1 Like

How is he holding up?

I was very worried for Her Majesty when she tested positive for Covid earlier this year. Sadly one has to imagine it helped precipitate her early death.

Ex Irish ambassador to Uk was on RTE he seemed upset
I think they thought they were pals

I have six fake Sinn Fein TD Twitter accounts ready to roll.

1 Like