Los Angeles 2028 - The Games of the XXXIV Olympiad

Thereā€™s some nasty undertones to the horsey sets reaction to our Olympians.

1 Like

Cricket rubby soccer and horse dancing have to go. They add nothing to the Olympics

1 Like

The Olympics is athletics weightlifting gymnastics rowing swimming fencing boxing wrestling road cycling tae kwon do volleyball badminton table tennis water polo archery shooting

The rest is a cod.

3 Likes

You forgot beach volleyball.

None of the usual RTƉ suspects (Marty, Des, Joanne et al) can MC these homecoming events without them becoming complete cringe fests. See also when one of them is roped in to do it for an All Ireland winning county team or the rubby lads winning something. Itā€™s surely only a matter of time before TFK turns against Gillick on the basis heā€™s sound & his popularity levels are high, but somebody like him would be much more capable of getting interesting &/or entertaining soundbites from the Olympians. On the other hand, people probably didnā€™t care that much.

Slightly related to that, the other thing RTƉ canā€™t do without it becoming embarrassingly twee &/or awkward are those pieces when they send a reporter to the competitorā€™s home place to interview their family, childhood coaches & random locals.

:hushed::flushed:

What manner of weirdo would make a statue out of a dog?

3 Likes

In fairness Iā€™d say the statue is actually made out of stone or something.

14 Likes

Marty interviewing Francie Barrets mother during the Atlanta Olympics and asking if I recall correctly was she ever a recipient of his right hook being the ultimate classic of the genre.

12 Likes

1 Like

Whatā€™s all happening there?

Thems the Norn Iron medal winners

1 Like

I forgot we had horses in the Olympics, they must have stopped drugging them so didnā€™t win anything.

Who let us down in the Olympics the most, the horsey set, the rugby set or the golf set?

The rugby lads should have got a medal, they threw away a nice lead against both New Zealand and Fiji and that was that. Only got one conversion in the big games, missed about 7 or 8.

This may need a poll

I was pleased that chatting to civilians today who wouldnā€™t watch Olympics with the same obsession you find on TFK that unprompted they acknowledged track and field 4th places are better results than medals in niche sports with low participation levels globally.

1 Like
Who let the nation down the most in the recent Olympics
  • The horsey set
  • The golf set
  • The rugby set
0 voters

I would have voted for the horsey set, but you have to ask yourself if the horses even know the Olympics are on.

1 Like

Marty Morrissey asking Francie Barrettā€™s mother if Francie ever hit her a box was the absolute zenith of this genre.

4 Likes