Los Angeles 2028 - The Games of the XXXIV Olympiad

Snap.

2 Likes

Would adeleke have had to fly back to Texas or what happened her today? My little lad was starting to get ‘jumpy’ so I had to leave before he saw wiffen etc. I actually thought most of the big names weren’t there as Kellie came out with the boxers and no sign of rhashidat with the athletics team. Marty then introduced a few swimmers and no mona or wiffen so I just pulled pin :person_facepalming:

All the medalists were there except Paul O’Donovan who was apparently back at work.

Maybe they introduced the individual sports minus the medalists & then brought out the medalists together after you bolted?

Not sure why Rhasidat wasn’t there.

No Kellie was with the boxers. That’s what threw me. I just thought at that stage when wiffen and mona weren’t with the swimmers that irt was a complete damp squib and the others hadn’t shown up. He was about 3 hours sitting on my shoulders too and I’m not a swimmer.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C-jyA4gC4uX/?igsh=MWRkMm45eDBiZnpudQ==

What’s she getting abuse about?

She only done 1.2k ffs

Apparently the chances of someone in their 40s with her pedigree producing the marathon times she’s thrown in over the past couple of years are bordering on scientifically impossible…

1 Like

I’d say Rhasidat has an eye on Diamond League in Lausanne.

I also think she doesn’t see any benefit in celebrating coming 4th.

5 Likes

A powerful photo there, modern NI. Down ended up joint 27th in the medal table, tied with Serbia and just ahead of Croatia and Denmark.

8 Likes

We’re any of the 400m girls there? I don’t remember seeing any of them.

She’s on a different journey is all.

2 Likes

The other 3 were

She can do what she likes imo.

1 Like

Yeah certainly wouldnt hold it against her but it’s a pity she wasn’t there for kids sake. ‘the fans’ do matter in sport.

What would happen prize money be for winning a diamond league event?

I think I’d tune into them after enjoying the track and field so much.

1 Like

She’d want to wind her neck in. Until she delivers regularly she needs to stay humble… Lot’s of kids probably there for her.

Probably 30 or 40 grand appearance fee and 10k win fee

BBC Thursday week

1 Like

Thanks, I didn’t see the whole homecoming earlier. I’ll miss seeing Sophie and Sharlene on the TV every day.

1 Like

You’d imagine Kielty will sort you out some Friday soon.

Interview here with the women

1 Like

Way way more on her mind. She has a lot of options and I wouldn’t begrudge her doing what it takes to win now.

So literally any other Olympics and their time would have got them a silver. :sob:

1 Like