Lost Season 6 - The Final Season

in regards to the sunken island I am thinking now that DHARMA got over their heads with something else and it could be something as simple as another wheel or other mechanism which can submerge and raise the Island. They got close to messing with this and were likely to sink the Island when Jacob ordered the Purge.

Now, in the “H” bomb time line, the DHARMA folk significantly changed their protocols because of the “Insurrection”, infiltration and all the other drama caused by the Oceanic people. Because of this they were able either to defeat the Purge or carry out a purge of their own, neutralizing the Others and allowing them to sink the Island.

What this does is allow the perception of the Purge to be turned completely and shed a lot of the evil associated with Ben and the Others.
thoughts? how do i do spoilers?

I think the nuke goes off creating two divergent time lines that will join back together in some way.

In this one the nuke goes off and the island is sunken. Jack can’t help but scratch at any little thing. He
is already starting to notice little things.
I think Desmond remains the constant and knows that things are different. He will keep monitoring
the Losties to make sure that this time things are better.
In this world Jack’s father’s body has been transported to the island or he is a spirit.
My big leap, Jacob is reborn in John Locke and he will bring them all together starting with Jack.

In the other the Losties are transported back to the present where good and evil will duel for control.
Jacob (jesus) and Lucifer (devil) live on this island in a permanent kind of purgatory.
The argument between Jacob and John the Black is that man can’t handle the gift with all the with temptations of life.
Really he has been looking for a loop hole back to the garden of eden (the temple).
The temple is in another pocket dimension within the island and the Fountain of Youth is the gift man can’t handle.
Thats why the fireworks shot up so much later.
Now the roles reversed Jacob can only guide the losties as a spirit. He has hand picked his team and
he thinks he can finally win their age old argument.

interesting points dunph - --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think the “Incident” must have always been the creation of two timelines, one where the bomb sinks the island and one where it doesn’t (and the hatch is built in it’s place). Because looking at the losties time in the past, they caused Ben to become an Other, saved Amy (resulting in Ethan being born), were in that Dharma picture Sun saw in the present, Chang losing his arm, convinced Richard that Locke was “special”… among other things.

That’s interesting NCC, i hadn’t thought about it that way. Another thing i was thinking is Jacob is God/MIB is Devil

1. Jacob promotes free will among men/MIB lies and manipulates
  2. Jacob and his followers(Angels?) live in the Temple(Heaven?), if this is MIB’s “home” was he thrown out, like in the Bible?

Something else I wondered about was the tapestry Jacob was weaving, was that him basically “weaving” all these events and people’s lives together?

that could be it dunph- well spotted - what about the loophole? I think the loophole has to do with Smokey’s ability to impersonate the dead. He seems to only be able to impersonate people who died off island but whose bodies ended up on island (Christian, Eko’s brother, Locke). Maybe he realized this and is more powerful as an impersonation and has been manipulating things to get bodies to the island much like Jacob has seemingly been influencing live people to come to the island.

I feel that there is some connection to this and to the babies not being born on the island thing. Smokey can impersonate someone who died off island but not on. Babies can be born on the island but not if they were conceived on it. I feel like there is some kind of connection there. If Smokey is connected to death, then Jacob life and that has something to do with it?

:blink: :huh:

:smiley: :smiley: :lol:

What do fellow Lost watchers NCC, Dunph, CLD, etc make of the recent episode, The Substitute?

I did very much like the parts on the island.
The stuff in LA is bollox to me and it makes the show slip in to the stupid category.
Everyone happening to bump in to everyone is getting quite annoying.
If it was done in a more casual obscure way it would work but Locke bumping in to so many people from the plane is nonsense, it’s poor writing, is totally forced and is taking away from the show.

Latest episode was tasty. Things are shaping up nicely.

That last episode was some load of shit, i’d go as far as to say it was the worst episode in the history of Lost. We are talking about the “Dr Linus” episode aren’t we? A load of tripe. Lost has gone seriously off the boil…

You just don’t get it Dunph.

I think you will find that it is you that doesn’t get it, CLD…

You just don’t get it Dunph.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znhcnlfQ1P0

“What I am about to tell you is highly classified. Two days ago, Muslim terrorists hijacked our imagination. Frankly we don’t know what their next move is or how to stop them. In times like these the government often turns to Hollywood for help. You creative filmmakers can think of idea we just can’t.”

“What if…What if it turns out they aren’t terrorists? But they’re actually werewolves? From the future?”

“N, no. No, they’re terrorists. They’ve been linked to Al Qaeda.”

“But what if Al Qaeda, it turns out, is the group being terrorized? By aliens?”

“No- No. That’s not an idea, that’s a twist. We need ideas.”

“How about we make everyone think that terrorists attacked us? But really, we were all already dead.”

“Get him out of here.”

General: [M. Night Shyalaman is hauled away, only to be replaced by…] Mr. Bay, can you thnk of any idea how to outwit these terrorists?
Michael Bay: I believe I can. [the officials get their pens ready to write] We start… by making a big CG building and then we have a meteor go CROSSHH! [makes a diving motion with his left arm] and it, and it’s all like CRAAWWWLL [simulates an explosion with his arms] a-and motorcycles burst into flame while they jump over these helicopters, right? [has his right hand go over his left arm like a motorcycle over a helicopter]
General: [firmly] No no! We need ideas how to stop the terrorists!
Michael Bay: An eighteen-wheeler spins out of control and it’s all like BROSSHH [makes a crashing motion with his right hand] And then this huuuge tanker full of dyna- [launches into a series of explosions]
General: [fed up] Those aren’t ideas, those are special effects!
Michael Bay: I… don’t understand the difference.
General: I know you don’t. Get him out of here!

So where to from here for Lost?

We got quite a information dump from the Ricardo episode a while back, you can tell they realise the end is coming at a rate of knots, and that they needed to dump a shitload of info and move onto the final chase.

This show is completely bananas and makes no sense god bless it, and you have to laugh at fellas who do try to read a bit more into it than they should. Having listened a bit to the shows producers Lindeloff and Cuse, they freely admit there’s parts of it they will never be able to explain fully which I’m fine with, sometimes TV is just pure escapism and story telling for the sake of it. Once black smoke turned up all bets were off for me.

Looking forward to seeing how it ends up, I can foresee it being a huge disappointment.

Desmond is the constant.