Luton Town FC

Steve foster. Jersey is iconic. I had a long sleeved version of it a few years ago but left it behind at a match

1 Like

Think he was Brighton captain in the 83 cup final

1 Like

The world. Juventus jersey is a homage to them

With a great penalty save by Andy Dibble

1 Like

Didn’t realise you were a Hatter!

Were you the lad on afr I was thinking of Spidey who supported the Hatters?

I was on afr yes but there was a more ardent supporter than me. Can’t remember the guys name. The only other one I knew in Ireland was sports journalist Aidan O’Hara and I now coach his kid GAA!

1 Like

Very similar story to Eddie Howe at Bournemouth. He fucked off to Burnley for a little while too before returning.

1 Like

For someone who really didn’t know the whole story, I really enjoy it!

Serious kip of a town

1 Like

Does an outrageous kebab and fried chicken as a result

I heard that. Sure Yaxley-Lennon even came from it, was head of the mob at the club at one point. Tells ya everything you need to know.

I had 5 memorable trips to Kenilworth Road in the 1990s. I had a penalty saved by Alec Chamberlain as part of the half time entertainment one year.

6 Likes
1 Like

And was that when you decided to never get a penalty on target again, so as to never suffer the embarrassment of having a keeper save it?

1 Like

First rule of taking a penalty kick is take the keeper out of the equation.

I also kicked around on that pitch once upon a time.

1 Like

I know of one Luton town supporter down here in cork, you’d often see him in their orange jersey strutting around the place

Poor form of Chamberlain to save a kids penalty. Les Sealey and Andy Dibble would never have done that.