MacGill summer school

Anyone else up here this year ? Met a gentleman who could have been @Fagan_ODowd but I felt it was the wrong time to ask him.
This is my first time here, first time in glenties tbh. Decent enough crowd at it this year apparently but green issues are coming below Brexit which is disappointing

1 Like

I attended the Tom Johnson summer school last week if that’s any use to you m8

It’s named after the former Celtic, Notts County, Derby County and Aston Villa player

My uncle is up there Funtime.

Isn’t the MacGill summer school sort of like Ireland’s answer to Bilderberg or Davos, without the skiing?

I’m not there @Funtime. It’s a bastion of the patriarchy

They seem to be trying to address a gender balance this year but in a ‘make up the numbers way’.
Climate change not going to affect too many of these old fuckers .

I don’t think Davos has anything on the Glenties, beautiful up here

I think he propositioned me in the urinals during the last break

1 Like

@Funtime

Is Pat Rabbitte speaking this year .

1 Like

No not this year I don’t think. However I’m probably not the go to person for speakers. In advance of ‘the John Hume lecture’ on the opening day I remarked to another attendee that ‘I hope the bastard addresses climate change’ but apparently John Hume is dead

11 Likes

Full of lads who like to refer to themselves as “political junkies”
I’m assuming the entire political team from the paper of record are all there.

1 Like

I believe the correct term is “political anoraks”

1 Like

That could refer to Bertie Ahern’s choice of clothing before he became Taoiseach

a good crew of what looks like them here. They are currently taking what would be referred to as liberties with the biscuit allocation. cant help wondering about the carbon footprint of some of the foil wrapped biscuits.

3 Likes

“ politics nerd “

Michael Martin banging on about sinn fein , stormont and why he pretends to want a United Ireland . Planet :earth_americas: is in a climate emergency and this cunt wants to talk about jean fucking mcconville

8 Likes

Call them political junkies or anoraks or whatever but there’s lads here can put away the whiskey.
Why does no one (even cunt from the dup) have any time for the Labour Party guy up here? He keeps cosying to Michael martin entourage and then to Eamon Ryan but nobody wants anything to do with him, probably a metaphor there somewhere @Juhniallio ?

2 Likes

heading home shortly. Glenties is a beautiful part of our planet, albeit a planet that is heading into unstoppable decline. it seems to me that those present at the MacGill summer school seem content to rearrange the deckchairs of Stormont, brexit and the housing crisis, while the planet descends into climate chaos. I shook hands with those of all persuasions (except labour obviously) and bid my farewells to the anoraks, the more perceptive amongst them realized that i wasnt saying ‘see you next year’ but was saying goodbye to the standard bearers of political philosophies and ideologies that were as doomed as the polar bear. I pity the fools for their ignorance, amidst the rolling hills of the Glenties

7 Likes

Ask around if there are many whites turning up