Major Boosts to the Irish Economy

Can we start a hashtag on twitter and see how far it goes?

#goodriddancewebsummit

or something like that?

Tweet it there lad and I’ll spin it on for you

1 Like

There are plenty of lads who’s dad made a few quid. Might as well have one of the Blackrock four on. I presume he is on as a member of the mayo panel, rather than for what his father may or may not have done. Don’t get me wrong, I’d go and listen, I’d say it’s a great talk but the summit of all webness seems a bit of a stretch.

Unfortunately she was actually togged out for her political masters in this instance.
TBH, I didn’t think there was much in it. She asked, he answered. She did interrupt him a bit.

Rob Hennelly runs (or is at least involved in) a digital media company in Dublin.

So are @rocko and @bandage

3 Likes

#creativity
#excellence
#motivation
#youngpeople
#exciting
#entrepreneurship
#wedontdodetail
#massagemyego
#thesecarsareblockingmyroads
#noyoudontgetpaidtoworkforusyoupleb
#youshouldbehappytogetadiscountvoucherforaburger
#itsanartisanburger20euroisgreatvalue
#whythefockarentyoupayingusmoremoney?
#lookatme
#mememe
#didisayme?
#ilovethesoundofmyownvoice
#whywontsharonletmerambleonwithmyPRbullshit?
#ilovemyself
#tellmeimgreat
#mummysaidimgreat
#whywontthegovermentshutthecitydownforME?

1 Like

What’s the difference between Richard Branson and Paddy Cosgrave?

Richard Branson has a hot air balloon.

Paddy Cosgrave is a hot air balloon.

7 Likes

It’s not the job of RTE to discredit opponents of the government, is it?

Liam Sheedy has been in his ear.

When the 2 cunts are spinning yarns trying to obtain taxpayers money, then YES.

Hon Wolly.

+1, pal. It was like the nerd was being interviewed by a senior Fine Gael strategist. I’m no Web Summit advocate but she was constantly cutting him off and interrupting him when he’d barely commenced a reply to each question. I thought it was poor, mate.

did any of the high rolling tech innovators here who managed to bag a ticket for this event catch the ‘concussion in rugby’ module yesterday morning?

The fucker had no answer, he kept trying to bluff his way through it. Is this traffic management thing the only issue they have? Did they want outriders for Rob Hennelly etc?

Paddy:

In his own words: Inspiration, and pencil meditation
Mentors/inspiration: “Noam Chomsky, Niall Ferguson and PJ Drudy. (PJ was my last economics lecturer in Trinity College Dublin.) You need to be prepared to seek out diverging and alternative viewpoints. Seeking out those views, and then making your own mind up, is probably more advisable than seeking your own echo.”
Biggest mistake: “Getting ahead of myself. There’s an African proverb [that] it takes a village to raise a child. It took me far too long to realise that it similarly takes a team to build a company. Too often popular culture fixates on a single, visionary entrepreneur. In reality, it’s great teams that build great companies.”
Favourite executive technology: “I have all the usual personal tech. But the answer is . . . my pencil. Underlining is my meditation.”

Rob is in the house, with a smashing blazer :clap:

Given all the GAA heads they had there i’m surprised Sheedy wasn’t on as a guest speaker, given he’s head of the hurling review forum and it was an opportunity to promote the game or shed it in good light in this very public forum. He certainly gets around to enough speaking gigs so this was a surprise to me.

Oh wait, Wooly said there was no payment to appear at it. That clears that up then.

7 Likes

its a grand or more in to this fucking thing. holy fuck.

get all sort of desperate cunts in for free to bulk up the ‘content’
flog burgers to the cunts for 20.

they are gone to lisbon because ireland is too small for this shit and they have exhausted every avenue and milked it dry

joe canning this year, it would have been TJ Ryan next year talking about how he offers buy 2 get one free on all ink cartridges bought online .
young cosgrove is a fucking genius, a clear fucking cunt how could you have anything but admiration for him. he has turned water into wine here and that my friends is how the world goes around.

7 Likes